Modem and Odd mouse

my modem don't seems to hang UP the phoneline in other words, once it starts dialing it never cuts the line. even when i disconnect my internet connection the dial tone of the phone line doesn't return. Untill I turn off my modem (It's an external v92 modem on COM1). When i need to redial, i have to turn off and then turn on the modem again. because since the modem doesn't hung up the phoneline, while redialing it dials over the previous connection.
It used to be work properly but it isn't now. I think i've altered any settings that is affecting it. But i can't find what settings.
This may include Modem, COM and Telephony settings...

Odd mouse behavior
sometimes my mouse jumps and clicks randomly. U can't imagine this. between 5 seconds, it can click 100times and my system goes berserk because of this. Many says it's because of virus but there's no virus in my PC and the problem is in the
mouse itself since this behavior occurs on any PC if i connect the mouse. Now u may say that it's a hardware problem of the mouse itself. but this is the 3rd mouse i'm using because of this behavior.
New mouse works great
the older it gets the crazy behavior occures more and more.
Win9x often hanged because of this crazyMouse
WinXP is stable enough for not to hang, but often the mouse stops responding after such jumping and clicking.

This situation is very annoying. Any suggestion??

BTW, There's a setting called "Fast Initialization" in mouse properties. Help says to turn it off if my mouse behaves erratically
but it doesn't seem to solve my problem.

PC config- P3 550MHz Gigabyte Motherboard (Intel440BX Chipset) 64MB RAM 16MB Nvidia Vanta
External v92 Modem on COM1 A4tech 2 button mouse WinXPpro DX9b
1 answer Last reply
More about modem mouse

    the modem problem has happened to me too but that was because the modem was
    broken.
    It has an electronic switch inside that opens-closes the line, and if that
    does not work you have the
    malfunction you describe

    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    _____________
    Kenny S
    foksot2004 at hotmail.com
    www.computerboom.net
    "Rimon" <Rimon@hotpop.com> wrote in message
    > my modem don't seems to hang UP the phoneline in other words, once it
    starts dialing it never cuts the line. even when i disconnect my internet
    connection the dial tone of the phone line doesn't return. Untill I turn off
    my modem (It's an external v92 modem on COM1). When i need to redial, i have
    to turn off and then turn on the modem again. because since the modem
    doesn't hung up the phoneline, while redialing it dials over the previous
    connection.
    > It used to be work properly but it isn't now. I think i've altered any
    settings that is affecting it. But i can't find what settings.
    > This may include Modem, COM and Telephony settings...
    >
    > Odd mouse behavior
    > sometimes my mouse jumps and clicks randomly. U can't imagine this.
    between 5 seconds, it can click 100times and my system goes berserk because
    of this. Many says it's because of virus but there's no virus in my PC and
    the problem is in the
    > mouse itself since this behavior occurs on any PC if i connect the mouse.
    Now u may say that it's a hardware problem of the mouse itself. but this is
    the 3rd mouse i'm using because of this behavior.
    > New mouse works great
    > the older it gets the crazy behavior occures more and more.
    > Win9x often hanged because of this crazyMouse
    > WinXP is stable enough for not to hang, but often the mouse stops
    responding after such jumping and clicking.

    > This situation is very annoying. Any suggestion??
    >
    > BTW, There's a setting called "Fast Initialization" in mouse properties.
    Help says to turn it off if my mouse behaves erratically
    > but it doesn't seem to solve my problem.
    >
    > PC config- P3 550MHz Gigabyte Motherboard (Intel440BX Chipset) 64MB
    RAM 16MB Nvidia Vanta
    > External v92 Modem on COM1 A4tech 2 button mouse
    WinXPpro DX9b

    ---

Mice Modem Windows XP