Modem and Odd mouse

May 29, 2004 6:06:02 PM

my modem don't seems to hang UP the phoneline in other words, once it starts dialing it never cuts the line. even when i disconnect my internet connection the dial tone of the phone line doesn't return. Untill I turn off my modem (It's an external v92 modem on COM1). When i need to redial, i have to turn off and then turn on the modem again. because since the modem doesn't hung up the phoneline, while redialing it dials over the previous connection.
It used to be work properly but it isn't now. I think i've altered any settings that is affecting it. But i can't find what settings.
This may include Modem, COM and Telephony settings...

Odd mouse behavior
sometimes my mouse jumps and clicks randomly. U can't imagine this. between 5 seconds, it can click 100times and my system goes berserk because of this. Many says it's because of virus but there's no virus in my PC and the problem is in the
mouse itself since this behavior occurs on any PC if i connect the mouse. Now u may say that it's a hardware problem of the mouse itself. but this is the 3rd mouse i'm using because of this behavior.
New mouse works great
the older it gets the crazy behavior occures more and more.
Win9x often hanged because of this crazyMouse
WinXP is stable enough for not to hang, but often the mouse stops responding after such jumping and clicking.

This situation is very annoying. Any suggestion??

BTW, There's a setting called "Fast Initialization" in mouse properties. Help says to turn it off if my mouse behaves erratically
but it doesn't seem to solve my problem.

PC config- P3 550MHz Gigabyte Motherboard (Intel440BX Chipset) 64MB RAM 16MB Nvidia Vanta
External v92 Modem on COM1 A4tech 2 button mouse WinXPpro DX9b

More about : modem odd mouse

May 31, 2004 3:29:09 AM

the modem problem has happened to me too but that was because the modem was
broken.
It has an electronic switch inside that opens-closes the line, and if that
does not work you have the
malfunction you describe

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________
Kenny S
foksot2004 at hotmail.com
www.computerboom.net
"Rimon" <Rimon@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> my modem don't seems to hang UP the phoneline in other words, once it
starts dialing it never cuts the line. even when i disconnect my internet
connection the dial tone of the phone line doesn't return. Untill I turn off
my modem (It's an external v92 modem on COM1). When i need to redial, i have
to turn off and then turn on the modem again. because since the modem
doesn't hung up the phoneline, while redialing it dials over the previous
connection.
> It used to be work properly but it isn't now. I think i've altered any
settings that is affecting it. But i can't find what settings.
> This may include Modem, COM and Telephony settings...
>
> Odd mouse behavior
> sometimes my mouse jumps and clicks randomly. U can't imagine this.
between 5 seconds, it can click 100times and my system goes berserk because
of this. Many says it's because of virus but there's no virus in my PC and
the problem is in the
> mouse itself since this behavior occurs on any PC if i connect the mouse.
Now u may say that it's a hardware problem of the mouse itself. but this is
the 3rd mouse i'm using because of this behavior.
> New mouse works great
> the older it gets the crazy behavior occures more and more.
> Win9x often hanged because of this crazyMouse
> WinXP is stable enough for not to hang, but often the mouse stops
responding after such jumping and clicking.

> This situation is very annoying. Any suggestion??
>
> BTW, There's a setting called "Fast Initialization" in mouse properties.
Help says to turn it off if my mouse behaves erratically
> but it doesn't seem to solve my problem.
>
> PC config- P3 550MHz Gigabyte Motherboard (Intel440BX Chipset) 64MB
RAM 16MB Nvidia Vanta
> External v92 Modem on COM1 A4tech 2 button mouse
WinXPpro DX9b

---