Tualatin 1.1 heatsink and fan on a P2B

I have this Tualatin running on a Slot T on my P2B and everything is ok
except for the noise of the block heatsink and fan (coming from a retired
Celeron 433)
which becomes noisy.
Does anyone know of a good replacement for that heatsink and fan that would
fit
on the Slot T.
I have looked around in a few shops but what they propose seems to be too
heavy.
Thanks

Bolooser11 wrote:
> I have this Tualatin running on a Slot T on my P2B and everything is ok
> except for the noise of the block heatsink and fan (coming from a retired
> Celeron 433)
> which becomes noisy.
> Does anyone know of a good replacement for that heatsink and fan that would
> fit
> on the Slot T.
> I have looked around in a few shops but what they propose seems to be too
> heavy.
> Thanks

I use the Intel HSF supplied with the retail Tualatin processor, works
well on Slot-T/P2B. I have also used CoolerMaster model DP5-6G11,
smaller and heavier, but also works well. For dual-processor Slot-T
installations, where a 1U HSF is required, I use the solid copper Vantek
CCK-6012.

HTH

P2B

Thank you for the answer. The thing is the Tualatin came alone without any
heatsink
or fan so I'll look for one of the other two you mentioned.

P2B <p2b@sympatico.ca> a écrit dans le message :
D__Mc.5363$BU4.211906@news20.bellglobal.com...

> Bolooser11 wrote:
> > I have this Tualatin running on a Slot T on my P2B and everything is ok
> > except for the noise of the block heatsink and fan (coming from a
retired
> > Celeron 433)
> > which becomes noisy.
> > Does anyone know of a good replacement for that heatsink and fan that
would
> > fit
> > on the Slot T.
> > I have looked around in a few shops but what they propose seems to be
too
> > heavy.
> > Thanks
>
> I use the Intel HSF supplied with the retail Tualatin processor, works
> well on Slot-T/P2B. I have also used CoolerMaster model DP5-6G11,
> smaller and heavier, but also works well. For dual-processor Slot-T
> installations, where a 1U HSF is required, I use the solid copper Vantek
> CCK-6012.
>
> HTH
>
> P2B

jk

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:40:18 +0200, "Bolooser11" <deadspam@today.de>
wrote:

>Thank you for the answer. The thing is the Tualatin came alone without any
>heatsink
>or fan so I'll look for one of the other two you mentioned.

One could just give the old fan some oil. I doubt that a 433 celeron
fan is so fastrunning.

best regards

John

It's probably not so fastrunning and it's becoming kind of aged and making
a humming sound not very nice to hear, this is why i thought about
replacing it with something maybe more efficient, although don't know
how efficient this block Intel Celeron 433 heatsink and fan is ... compared
a Tualatin one.
Further more, adding some oil appears not to be a lasting solution.
Looked for a CoolerMaster and a Vantek CCK-6012 only available in the States
from what I saw so far
(84 dollars with shipping to France ;-(

Starting to look like my dear fan.
Next will be to try and get a Tualatin cooling set somewhere I guess.
Thanks again

message : qq3ag0drocii2r74tavs1dpu26lrojioao@4ax.com...

Bolooser11 wrote:
> It's probably not so fastrunning and it's becoming kind of aged and making
> a humming sound not very nice to hear, this is why i thought about
> replacing it with something maybe more efficient, although don't know
> how efficient this block Intel Celeron 433 heatsink and fan is ... compared
> a Tualatin one.
> Further more, adding some oil appears not to be a lasting solution.

It isn't, but if you dismantle the fan and thoroughly clean out the
grunge with isopropyl alcohol, *then* add oil, it should be quiet for a
couple of years.

> Looked for a CoolerMaster and a Vantek CCK-6012 only available in the States
> from what I saw so far
> (84 dollars with shipping to France ;-(

If you can find a Powerleap distributer in France, they should be able
to supply one of their 1U copper coolers (made by Evercool), which are
equivalent to the Vantek but usually cheaper.