Searching for help

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Currently I have a laptop and a
desktop both running xp home. The desktop is hard wired to router and the
laptop is wireless, here's my question I have a 3rd PC that I would like to
add to the network, itis a P233 running win 95, the wireless card says I have
to have at least win 98, is my best bet to upgrade to win 98 or should I take
another approach.

I should add that my intention is to only provide my son w/internet access to
do his HW from this machine. I was trying to get him an inexpensive way to
access the internet. Thxs!

"soccerrocker" wrote:

> Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Currently I have a laptop and a
> desktop both running xp home. The desktop is hard wired to router and the
> laptop is wireless, here's my question I have a 3rd PC that I would like to
> add to the network, itis a P233 running win 95, the wireless card says I have
> to have at least win 98, is my best bet to upgrade to win 98 or should I take
> another approach.

i would first check the pc can take a pci card.
if it is win95 it might be to old and not have pci slots only isa

wireless will work on win95, but i'd go with your thought of win98, SE pref
or even do ME.

what is the machine?

download and run AIDA32 that will tell you everything

mike