K8VSE Deluxe - AMD Cool ' n ' Quiet hangs every time.

I'm using Windows 2000 SP4 and have installed the latest AMD cool n
quiet driver, but whenever I enable Cool n Quiet in the BIOS settings,
the computer always hangs just before the Windows login box appears.

I've tried calling Asus but they weren't able to help.

Was hoping that someone here might have some suggestions? I
desperately want to get Cool n Quiet working !

Thanks in advance for any help.

"Mark Redmond" <nomail@thank.you> wrote in message
> I'm using Windows 2000 SP4 and have installed the latest AMD cool n
> quiet driver, but whenever I enable Cool n Quiet in the BIOS settings,
> the computer always hangs just before the Windows login box appears.
<snip>

How frustrating. I find C&Q very effective.
Have you got "ACPI 2.0 support" enabled in the BIOS as well ?
I'm not certain, but this just might affect it.
If not, I'd try enabling ACPI 2 support (without C&Q) first, allowing
windows to boot and sort it's drivers out, then reboot again and enable C&Q.
Good luck,
- Steve

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I should have mentioned that ACPI 2.0 support is already enabled,
and also I have set the Power Management level in Windows to Minimal
(as suggested in the K8VSE manual).

It's really frustrating! Part of the reason I chose to buy AMD was
because of Cool n Quiet. Maybe I should try a fresh installation of
Windows?

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:24:17 +0100, "Steve Birch"
<steve@backstreet.***no spam thanks***demon.co.uk> wrote:

>"Mark Redmond" <nomail@thank.you> wrote in message
>> I'm using Windows 2000 SP4 and have installed the latest AMD cool n
>> quiet driver, but whenever I enable Cool n Quiet in the BIOS settings,
>> the computer always hangs just before the Windows login box appears.
><snip>
>
>How frustrating. I find C&Q very effective.
>Have you got "ACPI 2.0 support" enabled in the BIOS as well ?
>I'm not certain, but this just might affect it.
>If not, I'd try enabling ACPI 2 support (without C&Q) first, allowing
>windows to boot and sort it's drivers out, then reboot again and enable C&Q.
>Good luck,
>- Steve

Sorry for any confusion with my "from" name changing above....was
using another users profile.

Mark