uninstalling Intel AIM TV encoder drivers and getting my d..

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

HI

One of our employees downloaded and installed Intel AIM TV encoder device drivers, etc. into one of our computers, (and there is no TV card or anything similar installed), and now the display is dark, fuzzy, lines all over, and i'd say layered.... there's some trees in my desktop background pic that s on.... and there are some trees (completely dark) along the edges,...and now you can't see the icons on the desktop because of them..... How do i uninstall or remove these drivers and uninstall the TV encoder so that windows does not think that there is hardware in the computer for which there isn't.... I really need my monitor back in order.. lol Thank you very much - Rick

peter

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi,

Have you tried to use the restore feature to rollback the OS to the date before installed the TV drivers?

Peter

----- Rick wrote: -----

HI

One of our employees downloaded and installed Intel AIM TV encoder device drivers, etc. into one of our computers, (and there is no TV card or anything similar installed), and now the display is dark, fuzzy, lines all over, and i'd say layered.... there's some trees in my desktop background pic that s on.... and there are some trees (completely dark) along the edges,...and now you can't see the icons on the desktop because of them..... How do i uninstall or remove these drivers and uninstall the TV encoder so that windows does not think that there is hardware in the computer for which there isn't.... I really need my monitor back in order.. lol Thank you very much - Rick