Disable onboard sound card

Hey i'm have a big big big problem ,i would like to disable my on board sound card. My microphone in jack is not working,and i wont to add another one to see if it would work for me!!!! So if there's anyone out there that can help me. PLEASE DO SO

"Derick Riley" <p4p@charter.net> wrote in message
> Hey i'm have a big big big problem ,i would like to disable my on board
sound card. My microphone in jack is not working,and i wont to add another
one to see if it would work for me!!!! So if there's anyone out there that
can help me. PLEASE DO SO

You need to disable it in the bio. How you do that is specific to the
motherboard.

Depending upon the board, it'll either be in the BIOS or a jumper on the
board.