wirelessly connect 2 access points

I am trying to connect two halves of my network wirelessly.

I have two wireless routers both of which are connected to wired networks.
one is also a modem so has internet access

I want to connect the two networks together wirelessly to give both internet
access.

I have set the router without internet to be an access point and if I
connect them with a cable it works perfectly, but I can not get it to work
wirelessly

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

--
Patrick

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging1.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to connect two halves of my network wirelessly.
>
> I have two wireless routers both of which are connected to wired networks.
> one is also a modem so has internet access
>
> I want to connect the two networks together wirelessly to give both
internet
> access.
>
> I have set the router without internet to be an access point and if I
> connect them with a cable it works perfectly, but I can not get it to work
> wirelessly
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
>

> --
> Patrick

You need a point to point wireless bridge, or an access point that supports
that functionality... What kind of access points are you using?

--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-

"Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to connect two halves of my network wirelessly.
>
> I have two wireless routers both of which are connected to wired networks.
> one is also a modem so has internet access
>
> I want to connect the two networks together wirelessly to give both
internet
> access.
>
> I have set the router without internet to be an access point and if I
> connect them with a cable it works perfectly, but I can not get it to work
> wirelessly
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
>

> --
> Patrick

thank you

I dont think either of them do have a bridge mode

connected to internet = netgear DG834G

and Belkin F5D7230-4

Thanks