Remove CPU backplate from K8N-E Deluxe?

mark

Hi all,

I've got my nice shiny new K8N-E Deluxe and need to fit a Zalman Super
flower cpu cooler. Thing is, the flower comes with its own CPU backplate and
they say I have to remove the one that came with the mobo. Problem is, the
mobo backplate seems to be stuck on somehow, and I'm reluctant to lever it
off with a crowbar. :)

Has anyone managed to get the retention plate off and if so how?

TIA
Mark

mark

"Mark" <mark@ReMoVeThIsBiTmossywell.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've got my nice shiny new K8N-E Deluxe and need to fit a Zalman Super
> flower cpu cooler. Thing is, the flower comes with its own CPU backplate
and
> they say I have to remove the one that came with the mobo. Problem is, the
> mobo backplate seems to be stuck on somehow, and I'm reluctant to lever it
> off with a crowbar. :)
>
> Has anyone managed to get the retention plate off and if so how?

Fixed it myself. The backplate is held on by doublesided sticky stuff. (Not
glue like the MSI boards fortunately.) Simply pressing on one of the
backplate posts causes it to pop off. Needs bravery rather than strength!
:)

Mark wrote:

> "Mark" <mark@ReMoVeThIsBiTmossywell.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I've got my nice shiny new K8N-E Deluxe and need to fit a Zalman Super
>>flower cpu cooler. Thing is, the flower comes with its own CPU backplate
>
> and
>
>>they say I have to remove the one that came with the mobo. Problem is, the
>>mobo backplate seems to be stuck on somehow, and I'm reluctant to lever it
>>off with a crowbar. :)
>>
>>Has anyone managed to get the retention plate off and if so how?
>

> Fixed it myself. The backplate is held on by doublesided sticky stuff. (Not
> glue like the MSI boards fortunately.) Simply pressing on one of the
> backplate posts causes it to pop off. Needs bravery rather than strength!
> :)
>

>>TIA
>>Mark

If anyone else is going to be doing this try warming the CPU back plate
with a hairdryer on hot to help detach the double sided tape.

:)