NTLDR is missing?

I have bee thru some of the FAQ's, but thought I would
relay my specific case here.

WIn XP Pro, Intel P4 3.0 800
Performed Asus mb p4c800 BIOS update
Upon completion, and reboot,"NTLDR IS MISSING" was note.
Unable to reboot...no boot disc (idiot)
Help please!!!
sagan99

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/sagan99/ said:
> I have bee thru some of the FAQ's, but thought I would
> relay my specific case here.
>
> WIn XP Pro, Intel P4 3.0 800
> Performed Asus mb p4c800 BIOS update
> Upon completion, and reboot,"NTLDR IS MISSING" was note.
> Unable to reboot...no boot disc (idiot)

The topic is often discussed here. Do a search of the group. And visit...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318728
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#ntldr
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/N/NTLDR.html

Then there are the suggestions in this post - from Doug Knox.

Try this. Boot to the XP CD. When it asks you if you want to install or
Repair, choose Repair.
This will take you to the Recovery console. Choose the XP install to log
into, usually there's only 1, and enter the password when prompted. For
Home, the default password is blank.
At the C:\Windows prompt type the following commands

1) FIXBOOT, answer Yes
2) CD \
3) ATTRIB -H NTLDR
4) ATTRIB -S NTLDR
5) ATTRIB -R NTLDR
6) ATTRIB -H NTDETECT.COM
7) ATTRIB -S NTDETEC.COM
8) ATTRIB -R NTDETECT.COM
9) COPY X:\I386\NTLDR C:\
10) COPY X:\I386\NTDETECT.COM C:\

In steps 9 and 10, X is the letter of your CD-Rom drive.

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

peter

Hi,

Remove any floppy disk from the floppy drive.

Peter