Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Socket A

David

does anyone know if the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Socket A Motherboard Dual Chan
DDR SATA is compatable with a amd athlonxp 3200+ processor and is the
motherboard any good has anyone had any probs with it?

Ed

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:59:36 GMT, "david" <sendtithisplease@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>does anyone know if the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Socket A Motherboard Dual Chan
>DDR SATA is compatable with a amd athlonxp 3200+ processor and is the
>motherboard any good has anyone had any probs with it?

It should support the 3200+ , to see all supported CPUs for your board
go to , http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

Ed

gf

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

No pronblem with the motherboard which I run as 333 MHz -
but I will probably move to the Athlon XP 3200+ soon -
which, with suitable memory, will run at 400 MHz.

"david" <sendtithisplease@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
> does anyone know if the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Socket A Motherboard Dual Chan
> DDR SATA is compatable with a amd athlonxp 3200+ processor and is the
> motherboard any good has anyone had any probs with it?

Board is ok and compatable with an XP 3200--just make sure what ever memory
you get for it is on the ASUS "Qualified Vendor List". This is the most
memory finicky board I've ever used, but will run pc3200 at 400mhz.
"david" <sendtithisplease@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> does anyone know if the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Socket A Motherboard Dual Chan
> DDR SATA is compatable with a amd athlonxp 3200+ processor and is the
> motherboard any good has anyone had any probs with it?

> does anyone know if the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Socket A Motherboard Dual Chan
> DDR SATA is compatable with a amd athlonxp 3200+ processor and is the
> motherboard any good

Yes.

> has anyone had any probs with it?

None.

--
Regards,
Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)

Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
http://www.discogs.com

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (Revision 1.01, BIOS 1008)
AMD AthlonXP 3200+ (Barton, 11 x 200, 1.65VCore)

wrote:

> does anyone know if the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Socket A Motherboard Dual
> Chan
> DDR SATA is compatable with a amd athlonxp 3200+ processor and is the
> motherboard any good has anyone had any probs with it?

I just installed that mobo with that processor and no serious problems. I
am trying to figure out exactly how to configure the mobo in Mandrake
Linux 10.0 OS though.

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:59:36 GMT, "david"
<sendtithisplease@hotmail.com> wrote:

>does anyone know if the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Socket A Motherboard Dual Chan
>DDR SATA is compatable with a amd athlonxp 3200+ processor and is the
>motherboard any good has anyone had any probs with it?

I haven't been able to get mine to run faster than 195/195 with the
3200+. Otherwise it is satisfactory.

gf

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

Well, that is pretty close to 200 MHz.

Memory runs at twice that speed, ie 400 MHz
(390 MHz ?)

"Ron Todd" <rltodd@ix.netcom.nospam.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:59:36 GMT, "david"
> <sendtithisplease@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >does anyone know if the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Socket A Motherboard Dual
Chan
> >DDR SATA is compatable with a amd athlonxp 3200+ processor and is the
> >motherboard any good has anyone had any probs with it?
> >

> I haven't been able to get mine to run faster than 195/195 with the
> 3200+. Otherwise it is satisfactory.

Have you tried with the new 1011 BIOS, it let me get some
stubborn memory working to 200. It also is sometimes necessary
to bump up the CAS .5 (IE. go from 2 to 2.5).

Luck;
Ken

SJ

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

I'm running my xp3200+ for over 6 months mo with no issues. Rock solid.

"david" <sendtithisplease@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> does anyone know if the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Socket A Motherboard Dual Chan
> DDR SATA is compatable with a amd athlonxp 3200+ processor and is the
> motherboard any good has anyone had any probs with it?

TRENDING THREADS