cs1005 install problem HELP!!!!

Bobo

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2004

I just downloaded the file cs1005.exe to update my retail version of
Counterstrike Condition zero to V1.5 but I just get this message....

"You are attempting to install a Counter Strike Update that is the
incorrect language version. You are currently running the version of
Counter Strike. This update is for the English version of Counter
Strike. Installation will now exit."

It is the english version.....Anyone got an idea whats wrong here...

thanks

you wont be able to play with cs1005 anyway, you need steam

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag
www.tacticalgamer.com
"Bobo" <not-a-chance@no-way.com> wrote in message

> I just downloaded the file cs1005.exe to update my retail version of
> Counterstrike Condition zero to V1.5 but I just get this message....
>
> "You are attempting to install a Counter Strike Update that is the
> incorrect language version. You are currently running the version of
> Counter Strike. This update is for the English version of Counter
> Strike. Installation will now exit."
>

> It is the english version.....Anyone got an idea whats wrong here...
>

> thanks

Bobo

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2004

Adam Webb wrote:
> you wont be able to play with cs1005 anyway, you need steam

how do I make sure this is the english version? It should be, I'm in the
U.S.

thanks

"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> you wont be able to play with cs1005 anyway, you need steam

go to www.steampowered.com and get steam then you should be able to use your
retail CD key to create an account and then download CS 1.6

> Adam Webb wrote:
> > you wont be able to play with cs1005 anyway, you need steam
> >

> how do I make sure this is the english version? It should be, I'm in the
> U.S.
>

> thanks

Read the thread and all will be revealed...........