K8V SE Deluxe System Boot Failure

I'm building my own pc using a K8V SE Deluxe motherboard,
Athlon 64 2800+,
ATI AIW Radeon 9600XT,
Kingston ValueRam KVR400X64c3A/512 (x2)
Hitachi 160 GB (x2) HD
mostly from newegg.

I connected everything up and the system seems to power up but nothing
shows up either on my screen and I can hear the POST message going
"System CPU" fail.

I searched around and it seems that there can be a potential problem
with the BIOS for this motherboard and the 2800+ CPU. I have the
revision 1.12 written on my motherboard. Any idea what the best way to
proceed might be?

Thanks,

Clear the cmos and try to boot again.

"Linemanxx" <linemanxx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm building my own pc using a K8V SE Deluxe motherboard,
> Athlon 64 2800+,
> ATI AIW Radeon 9600XT,
> Kingston ValueRam KVR400X64c3A/512 (x2)
> Hitachi 160 GB (x2) HD
> mostly from newegg.
>
> I connected everything up and the system seems to power up but nothing
> shows up either on my screen and I can hear the POST message going
> "System CPU" fail.
>
> I searched around and it seems that there can be a potential problem
> with the BIOS for this motherboard and the 2800+ CPU. I have the
> revision 1.12 written on my motherboard. Any idea what the best way to
> proceed might be?
>
> Thanks,

Make sure you have connected the P4 powersupply cable (besides the atx
supply).

regards/Peter