Whats wrong with my computer? Asus P4T motherboard

Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

This Asus P4T will not power on. Intel sent me another processor and it
still won't power on. I already tried 3 power supplies. The power supplies
were tested before I brought them home. The green LED on the board is lit
so its getting power. Everything is disconnected from the motherboard and
still nothing.
It cant be the power switch, I disconnected the switch and used a
screwdriver the make contact with the pins and still NOTHING. Did Intel send
me a bad processor? Is this motherboard dead?

thanks

Mike wrote:
> This Asus P4T will not power on. Intel sent me another processor and it
> still won't power on. I already tried 3 power supplies. The power supplies
> were tested before I brought them home. The green LED on the board is lit
> so its getting power. Everything is disconnected from the motherboard and
> still nothing.
> It cant be the power switch, I disconnected the switch and used a
> screwdriver the make contact with the pins and still NOTHING. Did Intel send
> me a bad processor? Is this motherboard dead?

Probably. P4T - RIP;-)

--
This posting is provided "As Is"
with no warranties

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:07:10 -0700, "Mike" <nospam@email.com>
wrote:

>This Asus P4T will not power on. Intel sent me another processor and it
>still won't power on. I already tried 3 power supplies. The power supplies
>were tested before I brought them home.

Where they NAME-BRAND and appropriate for their labed wattage?

If not, or if original wasn't, then there's the likely problem.

What exactly does "tested" mean?

>The green LED on the board is lit
>so its getting power. Everything is disconnected from the motherboard and
>still nothing.

EVERYTHING?
No wonder you're getting nothing.

>It cant be the power switch, I disconnected the switch and used a
>screwdriver the make contact with the pins and still NOTHING. Did Intel send
>me a bad processor? Is this motherboard dead?

Insufficient detail.
Instead of comprehensively listing all measures taken you instead
listed only assumptions. Perhaps you have thoroughly troubleshot
this, but you have not provided this detail. We could list 100's
of possilbilities, but that's not an efficient use of usenet.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

Just wondering how you got Intel to send you a processor directly... vice a
retailer or reseller?
"Mike" <nospam@email.com> wrote in message
> This Asus P4T will not power on. Intel sent me another processor and it
> still won't power on. I already tried 3 power supplies. The power supplies
> were tested before I brought them home. The green LED on the board is lit
> so its getting power. Everything is disconnected from the motherboard and
> still nothing.
> It cant be the power switch, I disconnected the switch and used a
> screwdriver the make contact with the pins and still NOTHING. Did Intel
send
> me a bad processor? Is this motherboard dead?
>
> thanks

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

Definitely sounds like your motherboard is dead if the CPU and power supply
have been replaced without solving it.

--
DaveW

> Definitely sounds like your motherboard is dead if the CPU and power
supply
> have been replaced without solving it.
>
> --

I was wondering which component blew out on the motherboard. I kept the mobo
clean and it still looks brand new. I see no evidence of burnt spots or
bulging capacitors