driver for Acer 620UT scanner

Clyde

have an Acer 620UT scanner that I have used for some
time very successfully with Windows 98. When I first
installed Windows XP Professional, that scanner worked
well. But after I installed the security upgrades from
the February 2004 CD that you sent to me, that scanner
came up with a yellow Question Mark on the Hardware
Device list. I tried to install updated drivers from
Benq (new owner of Acer line) and that seemed to
completely block the operation of the scanner. I have
downloaded 3 different drivers (2 from Benq and 2 from
DriverGuide but Windows XP will not accept any of the
drivers I have found.

Do you have a suggestion of a source for a driver for
this scanner that will work with XP?

penguin

Distinguished
May 16, 2004

Personally, I just use what came with XP. My scanner
software wasn't XP compliant (I upgraded to XP) and
I din't feel like forking over 20 bucks for new scanner
software. I tried just hooking up the scanner without
installing anything and its works just fine. Except you
only have a basic scan command, so none of the buttons on
the scanner will not work. You have to do it manually by
clicking the mouse.

I use a USB scanner, so maybe it is supported by default
since it is USB.

See my post above. I think my problems are with updates
not scanner. Scanner works well after reinstalling with
limited updates. You may want to try uninstall any of
the updates I listed that are not installed in my present
configuration without any scanner problems.

Want to contact me directly. Use gjw1771@dodgeit.com
This is a public, open mail drop that can be view by
anyone. Go to dodgeit.com and type in the user
name "gjw1771" to read all email. It is one way mailing.
You will have to list a return email that I can reply to.
It can be another dodgeit.com address.

Have you tried Acer's ftp driver download site? -

ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/scanner/drivers/

--
tallyman