How do I exchange my asus motherboard?

Schism

It stopped working, I have warranty on it and I would like to exchange it,
who do I need to contact?

Schism

> If under warranty, usually you take it back to the store where you bought
> it
> or if you bought it online, contact the online company you bought it from.
> If a store, it depends on what their policy is about a motherboard under
> warranty. Most stores will exchange it for another one of the same board.
> First thing to do is get in contact with the store you bought the board
> from
> and see what they say. Make sure you have the receipt handy.

I have no idea where I bought it from, it was online and I don't remember
the site =\

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 13:11:22 GMT, "rstlne" <.@text.news.virgin.net>
wrote:

>Asus boards also have "Serial Numbers" and they should be able to look at
>the serial number and get a "Production Date" .. if the "Production Date" is
>still under their warranty then you should be okay, contact asus and ask.

Do what this poster says. It'll work.

e.

Schism

> You dont even keep your credit card statements???? What type of habit is
> that?

I'm 18... was 17 at the time, don't even have a credit card now, used my
moms...

The first digit of the serial number is the year of production, the 2nd
character is the month.

So a "32xxxxxxxxx" serial number is a motherboard produced in February
of 2003. A "2Bxxxxxxxx" s/n is November of 2002 (they use A,B,C for
October, November, December).