Monitor resolution resets to minimum and cannot be adjusted

This has happened twice on the same Asus P4SGX-MX, SIS650GX PC running XP Pro. Reloading the SIS drivers didn't work. Last time I had to repair XP from the install CD. Has anybody seen this happen, and do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards Ian G

Ian......I too have the same problem...have you found a fix.....I thought a system restore would solve the problem but that didn't do it. After turning on the computer i get this error message...error loading C:\Windows\System32\NvCpl.dll A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. Please e-mail any solutions.