DC

Just installed this mb and everything seems fine except neither xp nor
the bios will see the hd's that I have on the raid. I am using it as
ide and not raid. xp see's the hd on the sata port but not the pata.
I have tried changing the settings in the bios but nothing helps.
TIA
DC

Paul

Splendid

In article <oabtg0hh69kbj3l5nipml0s3sv1bii1km2@4ax.com>, DC
<crowe4215@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just installed this mb and everything seems fine except neither xp nor
> the bios will see the hd's that I have on the raid. I am using it as
> ide and not raid. xp see's the hd on the sata port but not the pata.
> I have tried changing the settings in the bios but nothing helps.
> TIA
> DC

Onboard Promise Controller [Enabled]
Operating Mode [IDE]

There is a driver on the Asus site "378ata_100104528.zip", but as
near as I can tell, it is for supporting the SATA drives as SCSI
miniport with ram cache. I don't know if magically the PATA
will appear with these or not - it is the closest driver I can
find.

378ata_100104528.zip Version 1.00.0.26 Date 2003/07/07
Description Promise SATA378 Driver V1.00.0.26 (ATA Mode)

That is about all I would try.

On some RAID controllers, you can do an auto setup on a single
drive, and the controller understands you want a single drive
array. That is another avenue to explore, if the 378ATA driver
doesn't work. You would set the chip up for RAID operating mode
and use a RAID driver, but the RAID BIOS would be used to do
the auto setup. Only do this if the 378ATA driver doesn't work
out. Plug in and set up one drive at a time, so there is no
confusion about making a two drive array. (After setting up
the first drive, disconnect it and connect the second drive.
I don't know if that is absolutely necessary, but I'm
cautious like that.)

I have a P4C800-E Deluxe, and my motherboard CD appears to be
designed to install the entire 875/865 based family of motherboards.
As a result, we probably have the same CD. If you look in the
Manuals directory of your CD, there are two Microsoft Word
documents in there on the 378. They won't answer your questions,
but Asus did throw them in anyway. Items in the Manual directory
on an Asus CD don't typically show up on the Asus download
site, so the motherboard CD does contain some unique information.

Paul

TRENDING THREADS