Hi
I can't install my usb printer.When i attach it to the usb port ,nothing happens!It used to work fine before i swapped it yesteday.I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything but noth..In device manager everything seems OK.
(SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
SiS 7002 USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller etc...)
I got a fix from microsoft but when i try to install it ,I see an error:Setup has detected that the service pack version of the system installed is newer than the update you are applying to it.
I have WXp professional SP2,v.1204)

That is because the hotfix you are trying to apply is included in SP2.
: )

I had the same thing happen after I moved my office from a downstairs room
to my sunroom, after fiddling with it for a couple of hours it just started
working again as I sat there reading the news.

--
Kyle Lang [MSFT]
This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.