Can't join game.... High Latency,+

Last response: in Video Games
June 27, 2005 6:18:18 AM

Most of the time when trying to Play CS:S
I can't get in to play.
I load up the servers.
Click join.
Then it show my Latency jump from 30 to 2000
I looked at Steams Help page,
Tried with out router.
no firewall.. ect....
There are times I can get on, but it seems less and less,
It seems if I jump in before the server list is finished I can "sometimes"
play
Also after a Failed attempt.
It seems like I have to Reboot ( or wait a while) my Modem
or I can't even surf the web or get mail!
And Guesses,
I'm lost!
Thx

More about : join game high latency

Anonymous
June 27, 2005 12:29:51 PM

Try this.
First, do a control-alt-delete to see what's running in the background,
and close down unnecessary stuff.
Double click on the steam icon and go to settings. Make sure your
connection speed isn't set to 56k. I had this problem once. Somehow my
settings were changed.
Also, run your antivirus program, assuming you have one, but also
download a free program called Bit Defender.
It is great at finding trogans and worms that Norton misses.
You might also want to try a free program called "Hijack This".
Email me if you need help figuring that program out.
This will keep your system clean and may resolve your ping problems.

Respectfully, Bob

!