Sign in with
Your question

Internet Links Not Working

Last response: in Windows 7
January 18, 2011 3:43:46 PM

Hi I wonder whether someone may be able to help me please.

I recently bought some geneaology software, Family Tree Maker 2010 and have tried to load into onto my laptop which is running Windows 7 64 bit. However the links to register the software and links to geneaology sites within software do not work when clicked on.

I've tried making sure my browser is open before I use the software, I've tried unistalling my Norton Interent Security software but the links still don't work.

I've tried installing the software onto another PC which is running Windows XP, has the same Norton security software and has the same Internet Browser (IE8) and it works fine. I must say I'm at a complete loss. The only difference I can see is that one is running Windows 7 and the other is running XP.

Could anyone perhaps shed any light on what the problem may be?

Many thanks

Chris

More about : internet links working

a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2011 5:47:04 PM

have you check their website if it has a patch to run on a 64-bit system?

some softwares have issues running on a 64-bit system
m
l
January 18, 2011 6:47:31 PM

Hi, I have been on the website concerned (Ancestry.com) and there doesn't appear to be anything that mentions patches for 64bit software. I have actually been on the Compatibility page on the Microsoft site and the software has passed their testing in 64 bit mode.

For additional information I have just tried using both IE( and Firefox as my default Web Browsers and the problem still occurs.

Many thanks and regards

Chris
m
l
!