fault and solution finding

am complete novice at computers
my keyboard button used for adding the `at` in a web
address wont work only shows hyphon. have tried other
keyboards and yes i am using the shift key. was told might
have problem with hard drive and that i should uninstal
and then re-instal, does this sound correct if so how do i
do this,do i need a disk

Doesn't sound like a hard drive problem to me but I guess
anything's possible...

I would go to Control Panel, set to Classic View, go to
Keyboard, Hardware tab and make sure that it's listed
correctly under Devices. If so hit the Troubleshoot
button and go through the Help & Support wizard, it'll
help (maybe) resolve the issue.

Good Luck !

peter

Try check the keyboard layout you have chosen in the Regional and Language setting.
Also check for any apps/spywares/trojan that may mapped the @ key to - key.

Peter

----- MGGP wrote: -----

Doesn't sound like a hard drive problem to me but I guess
anything's possible...

I would go to Control Panel, set to Classic View, go to
Keyboard, Hardware tab and make sure that it's listed
correctly under Devices. If so hit the Troubleshoot
button and go through the Help & Support wizard, it'll
help (maybe) resolve the issue.

Good Luck !

TRENDING THREADS