Kill Custom Sounds util

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

Are you tired of the custom sounds which some serveradmins install on their
CS/CS:S ffa servers? I am.

You can't just delete the files, because that will only force you to
download them over again next time you connect.

This little program monitors your sound directory including it's
subdirectories for incoming soundfiles. When they arrive, they will be
cleared of any anoying sound. Left will be an empty soundfile which won't
annoy you.

Download it from:
http://www.mortenlassen.dk/kz2.zip

Send me feedback from http://www.mortenlassen.dk/?x=email

/MortVader aka. Morten Lassen
15 answers Last reply
More about kill custom sounds util
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

    Morten Lassen wasted my time on 6/27/2005 12:59 PM with the following:
    > Are you tired of the custom sounds which some serveradmins install on their
    > CS/CS:S ffa servers? I am.
    >
    > You can't just delete the files, because that will only force you to
    > download them over again next time you connect.
    >
    > This little program monitors your sound directory including it's
    > subdirectories for incoming soundfiles. When they arrive, they will be
    > cleared of any anoying sound. Left will be an empty soundfile which won't
    > annoy you.
    >
    > Download it from:
    > http://www.mortenlassen.dk/kz2.zip
    >
    > Send me feedback from http://www.mortenlassen.dk/?x=email
    >
    > /MortVader aka. Morten Lassen

    There's a downloadable file somewhere that has blank versions of all
    these sounds. It's pretty small, but I can't recall where it is. Seems
    more effective (and safer) than a separate app.

    Afterall, some sounds are nice.

    --
    -SnoopJeDi
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Morten Lassen" <nospam@mortenlassen.dk> wrote in message
    > Are you tired of the custom sounds which some serveradmins install on
    their
    > CS/CS:S ffa servers? I am.
    >
    > You can't just delete the files, because that will only force you to
    > download them over again next time you connect.
    >
    > This little program monitors your sound directory including it's
    > subdirectories for incoming soundfiles. When they arrive, they will be
    > cleared of any anoying sound. Left will be an empty soundfile which won't
    > annoy you.

    If you cant delete the files (cos you need to dl again), what does this
    program actually help with ?

    A way to stop downloading them at all would be better imo.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

    Well Lief said it.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:42:11 +0200, "Morten Lassen"
    <nospam@mortenlassen.dk> wrote:

    >Well Lief said it.

    indeed.

    dr ratt
    i'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, insanity & violence to anyone but they've always worked for me.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

    I've made a few updates to the program the last few days. Here's the
    changelog:

    Release 2 (27/6-2005)
    Fixed it so that the program actually checks for filetypes like it
    apears in the setup dialog... ahem. :P

    Release 3 (29/6-2005)
    Added the feature to launch Steam on prg start.

    Release 4 (1/7-2005)
    Added the feature to wipe all custom sounds in the custom sounds folder and
    subfolders.
    This is usefull if you have forgotten to have this program running while
    connecting to some servers,
    thereby having downloaded some soundfiles without getting them automaticly
    wiped.
    Also, now the form remembers size and position from last time you had it
    running.

    Download it from:
    http://www.mortenlassen.dk/kz2.zip

    Send me feedback from http://www.mortenlassen.dk/?x=email

    /MortVader aka. Morten Lassen
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message news:msRxe.14968$5D4.1545@newsfe4-win.ntli.net...
    > "DustJunky" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >> "Nick" <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote in message
    >> > Lief - look into allowdownloads=false or somesuch - it works with TFC,
    >> > apparently, so...
    > ^^
    > Unless this is a different command :E
    >
    >> cl_allowdownload 0 doesn't work for sounds in CS:S it only seems to stop
    > custom
    >> sprays and maps
    >
    > Correct. (see above).

    Ah, shame - oh well, I tried...
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

    > "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message
    > > "DustJunky" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    TFC,
    > > ^^
    > > Unless this is a different command :E
    > >
    > >> cl_allowdownload 0 doesn't work for sounds in CS:S it only seems to
    stop
    > > custom
    > >> sprays and maps
    > >
    > > Correct. (see above).
    >
    > Ah, shame - oh well, I tried...

    =p doesnt matter, I am just being picky I guess, been playing cs to long and
    just like pure clean servers :D

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message news:vp%xe.18232$11.16888@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...
    > "Nick" <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote in message
    >> "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message
    >> > "DustJunky" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > TFC,
    >> > ^^
    >> > Unless this is a different command :E

    > stop
    >> > custom
    >> >
    >> > Correct. (see above).
    >>
    >> Ah, shame - oh well, I tried...
    >>

    > =p doesnt matter, I am just being picky I guess, been playing cs to long and
    > just like pure clean servers :D

    Yeah... all these new gadgets like being able to play sounds can be fun for a while, but after a
    while you just want a good quick game eh?
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Morten Lassen" <nospam@mortenlassen.dk> wrote in message news:MMaye.46$Ol7.23@news.get2net.dk...
    > Yeah, I got seriously tired of
    >
    > 1. prolonged connects, due to various sound downloads
    > 2. everytime one of the server's admins are killed, THEY are having fun
    > disturbing everyone else who is still playing, with their silly sounds.
    > Personally that ruined my game. But no more. Now i actually enjoy
    > downloading the sounds (knowing they will be wiped immediately after). It
    > must be some kind of perverted satisfaction I guess :P~

    Hehehe, I know where you're coming from!
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

    Morten Lassen wrote:

    > Are you tired of the custom sounds which some serveradmins install on their
    > CS/CS:S ffa servers? I am.
    >
    > You can't just delete the files, because that will only force you to
    > download them over again next time you connect.
    >
    > This little program monitors your sound directory including it's
    > subdirectories for incoming soundfiles. When they arrive, they will be
    > cleared of any anoying sound. Left will be an empty soundfile which won't
    > annoy you.
    >
    > Download it from:
    > http://www.mortenlassen.dk/kz2.zip
    >
    > Send me feedback from http://www.mortenlassen.dk/?x=email
    >
    > /MortVader aka. Morten Lassen

    A new cvar was just added to stop certain downloads..
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=312255

    cl_downloadfilter "nosounds"

    Gordon
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

    > A new cvar was just added to stop certain downloads..
    > http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=312255
    >
    > cl_downloadfilter "nosounds"

    HAIL to that :)

    Added it immediately!

    Thanks alot!

    /Morten
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    *Gordon Scott* wrote on 16.07.05 21:03:

    > A new cvar was just added to stop certain downloads..
    > http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=312255
    >
    > cl_downloadfilter "nosounds"

    Can u use it in CS 1.6 and CS:CZ also?

    tnx for hint anyway, Miller
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Miller wrote:

    > *Gordon Scott* wrote on 16.07.05 21:03:
    >
    > > A new cvar was just added to stop certain downloads..
    > > http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=312255
    > >
    > > cl_downloadfilter "nosounds"
    >
    > Can u use it in CS 1.6 and CS:CZ also?
    >
    > tnx for hint anyway, Miller

    I think only source and deathmatch, dont quote me.

    btw that cvar can be used with a few diff values. off hand I cant recall
    them all, see forum link.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

    cl_downloadfilter "nosounds"

    Er, hello!?

    Neil
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

    > cl_downloadfilter "nosounds"
    >
    > Er, hello!?
    >
    > Neil

    Hello.

    That command was published after i made the program ;)

    /Morten

Download Games Video Games