Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Canon BJC4000 Problem

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 4:46:06 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I have just recently done a store room clean up and I have found my
first printer canon BJC4000. The reason why I put it away was cause when
every time I turned it on the cartridge dosent stay in home position it
stop in the middle and the online light keeps flashing. I have checked
in the canon website troubleshooting section and they say its the head
and if I clean it and still have the problem I'll need to replace the head.

But here is were I need some suggestion's, is it worth replacing the
head? or should I just throw it away? cause I was thinking of using that
printer for a computer I just set up in the living room.

Thanks

More about : canon bjc4000 problem

Anonymous
April 24, 2004 4:46:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

New print head is about US $45 - comes with color and black ink tanks.

It's an expensive printer to run but only you can decide whether to get a
new print head or an entirely new printer.
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com

"Oscar Sichez" <osichez@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
news:4089d4ef$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> I have just recently done a store room clean up and I have found my
> first printer canon BJC4000. The reason why I put it away was cause when
> every time I turned it on the cartridge dosent stay in home position it
> stop in the middle and the online light keeps flashing. I have checked
> in the canon website troubleshooting section and they say its the head
> and if I clean it and still have the problem I'll need to replace the
head.
>
> But here is were I need some suggestion's, is it worth replacing the
> head? or should I just throw it away? cause I was thinking of using that
> printer for a computer I just set up in the living room.
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 4:46:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Oscar Sichez" <osichez@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
news:4089d4ef$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> But here is were I need some suggestion's, is it worth replacing the
> head? or should I just throw it away? cause I was thinking of using that
> printer for a computer I just set up in the living room.

I think you're better off just getting an entirely new printer... I also
threw away a BJC-4300 that was having trouble with its printhead.
Related resources
April 25, 2004 11:48:17 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I wouldn't throw it away. That printer was one of the best I ever owned.
It lasted 5 years and printed about 20,000 color and black and white prints.
The printer is reporting an error to the print head. The previous poster was
correct, you have to buy a new cartridge (at the very least.) The new
cartridge may not fix your printer. The printer could just be dead. Save
your receipt and try it out. Is it worth about 35.00 for a new cartridge to
save the printer? I think it's worth a try.
Joe
"xNokia3390x" <ofc2-ivom@spamex.com> wrote in message
news:ADlic.5881$4D1.2378@twister.socal.rr.com...
> "Oscar Sichez" <osichez@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> news:4089d4ef$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> > But here is were I need some suggestion's, is it worth replacing the
> > head? or should I just throw it away? cause I was thinking of using that
> > printer for a computer I just set up in the living room.
>
> I think you're better off just getting an entirely new printer... I also
> threw away a BJC-4300 that was having trouble with its printhead.
>
>
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 5:40:06 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

This is very common problem with these printheads.

If you can find some that understend Croatian or that can translate it for
you, then you will find out why this is happening so offen

Take a look at this link

http://adriatix.hr/A_Isk/A_Isk_INK/Canon/Isk_Canon_%20P...


--
Adriatix
http://adriatix.hr/






"Oscar Sichez" <osichez@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
news:4089d4ef$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> I have just recently done a store room clean up and I have found my
> first printer canon BJC4000. The reason why I put it away was cause when
> every time I turned it on the cartridge dosent stay in home position it
> stop in the middle and the online light keeps flashing. I have checked
> in the canon website troubleshooting section and they say its the head
> and if I clean it and still have the problem I'll need to replace the
head.
>
> But here is were I need some suggestion's, is it worth replacing the
> head? or should I just throw it away? cause I was thinking of using that
> printer for a computer I just set up in the living room.
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 6:47:29 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

i have a bjc3000 i had this problem of the printhead drying out when it
was not used for extended periods <even if it is just a week!>

if they have it buy the storage container remove the whole print assmbly
and put it in the case it saved mine


Jim
"Joeshmo" <joeshmospam@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
news:108njt9ppprse8@corp.supernews.com...
> I wouldn't throw it away. That printer was one of the best I ever
owned.
> It lasted 5 years and printed about 20,000 color and black and white
prints.
> The printer is reporting an error to the print head. The previous poster
was
> correct, you have to buy a new cartridge (at the very least.) The new
> cartridge may not fix your printer. The printer could just be dead. Save
> your receipt and try it out. Is it worth about 35.00 for a new cartridge
to
> save the printer? I think it's worth a try.
> Joe
> "xNokia3390x" <ofc2-ivom@spamex.com> wrote in message
> news:ADlic.5881$4D1.2378@twister.socal.rr.com...
> > "Oscar Sichez" <osichez@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> > news:4089d4ef$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> > > But here is were I need some suggestion's, is it worth replacing the
> > > head? or should I just throw it away? cause I was thinking of using
that
> > > printer for a computer I just set up in the living room.
> >
> > I think you're better off just getting an entirely new printer... I
also
> > threw away a BJC-4300 that was having trouble with its printhead.
> >
> >
>
>
!