Canon BJC4000 Problem

I have just recently done a store room clean up and I have found my
first printer canon BJC4000. The reason why I put it away was cause when
every time I turned it on the cartridge dosent stay in home position it
stop in the middle and the online light keeps flashing. I have checked
in the canon website troubleshooting section and they say its the head
and if I clean it and still have the problem I'll need to replace the head.

But here is were I need some suggestion's, is it worth replacing the
head? or should I just throw it away? cause I was thinking of using that
printer for a computer I just set up in the living room.

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about canon bjc4000 problem

    New print head is about US $45 - comes with color and black ink tanks.

    It's an expensive printer to run but only you can decide whether to get a
    new print head or an entirely new printer.
    www.coribright.com

    "Oscar Sichez" <osichez@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > I have just recently done a store room clean up and I have found my
    > first printer canon BJC4000. The reason why I put it away was cause when
    > every time I turned it on the cartridge dosent stay in home position it
    > stop in the middle and the online light keeps flashing. I have checked
    > in the canon website troubleshooting section and they say its the head
    > and if I clean it and still have the problem I'll need to replace the
    head.

    > But here is were I need some suggestion's, is it worth replacing the
    > head? or should I just throw it away? cause I was thinking of using that
    > printer for a computer I just set up in the living room.
    >
    > Thanks

    "Oscar Sichez" <osichez@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > But here is were I need some suggestion's, is it worth replacing the
    > head? or should I just throw it away? cause I was thinking of using that
    > printer for a computer I just set up in the living room.

    I think you're better off just getting an entirely new printer... I also
    threw away a BJC-4300 that was having trouble with its printhead.

    I wouldn't throw it away. That printer was one of the best I ever owned.
    It lasted 5 years and printed about 20,000 color and black and white prints.
    The printer is reporting an error to the print head. The previous poster was
    correct, you have to buy a new cartridge (at the very least.) The new
    cartridge may not fix your printer. The printer could just be dead. Save
    your receipt and try it out. Is it worth about 35.00 for a new cartridge to
    save the printer? I think it's worth a try.
    Joe
    "xNokia3390x" <ofc2-ivom@spamex.com> wrote in message
    > "Oscar Sichez" <osichez@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > > But here is were I need some suggestion's, is it worth replacing the
    > > head? or should I just throw it away? cause I was thinking of using that
    > > printer for a computer I just set up in the living room.
    >
    > I think you're better off just getting an entirely new printer... I also
    > threw away a BJC-4300 that was having trouble with its printhead.

    This is very common problem with these printheads.

    If you can find some that understend Croatian or that can translate it for
    you, then you will find out why this is happening so offen

    Take a look at this link

    http://adriatix.hr/A_Isk/A_Isk_INK/Canon/Isk_Canon_%20Palez.htm

    --
    Adriatix
    http://adriatix.hr/

    "Oscar Sichez" <osichez@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > I have just recently done a store room clean up and I have found my
    > first printer canon BJC4000. The reason why I put it away was cause when
    > every time I turned it on the cartridge dosent stay in home position it
    > stop in the middle and the online light keeps flashing. I have checked
    > in the canon website troubleshooting section and they say its the head
    > and if I clean it and still have the problem I'll need to replace the
    head.

    > But here is were I need some suggestion's, is it worth replacing the
    > head? or should I just throw it away? cause I was thinking of using that
    > printer for a computer I just set up in the living room.
    >
    > Thanks

    i have a bjc3000 i had this problem of the printhead drying out when it
    was not used for extended periods <even if it is just a week!>

    if they have it buy the storage container remove the whole print assmbly
    and put it in the case it saved mine

    Jim
    "Joeshmo" <joeshmospam@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
    > I wouldn't throw it away. That printer was one of the best I ever
    owned.
    > It lasted 5 years and printed about 20,000 color and black and white
    prints.
    > The printer is reporting an error to the print head. The previous poster
    was
    > correct, you have to buy a new cartridge (at the very least.) The new
    > cartridge may not fix your printer. The printer could just be dead. Save
    > your receipt and try it out. Is it worth about 35.00 for a new cartridge
    > save the printer? I think it's worth a try.
    > Joe
    > "xNokia3390x" <ofc2-ivom@spamex.com> wrote in message
    > > "Oscar Sichez" <osichez@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > > > But here is were I need some suggestion's, is it worth replacing the
    > > > head? or should I just throw it away? cause I was thinking of using
    that
    > > > printer for a computer I just set up in the living room.
    > >
    > > I think you're better off just getting an entirely new printer... I
    also
    > > threw away a BJC-4300 that was having trouble with its printhead.

Printers Canon Peripherals