Prescott in a P4P800 Temp. Problem Very Concerned!

Heat Problem with the Prescott
Just went to a Prescott 3.0E Ghz

Just running windows is 55C / 131F
In Doom3 temp rose to 78C / 172F, Useing the stock fan that came with the
processor. (Retail)

The stock cpu fan from intel isn't cutt'n it, wtf

So if some one has and suggestions of what type of 3rb party fan would be
good for this processor let me know here in this thread.

I have the 3.2E (P4C800) with a Zalman 7000B-Cu
(http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/code_list.asp?cate=03040506)
cooler (with arctic sliver thermal paste) and my temps are at
44C(no-load, just running XP) to 53C(under load). However you need to
consider your case cooling and ambient temps which will change the
results you may get with Zalman.

"*FTB*~PrimeEvil~" <prmevil37@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Heat Problem with the Prescott
> Just went to a Prescott 3.0E Ghz
>
> Just running windows is 55C / 131F
> In Doom3 temp rose to 78C / 172F, Useing the stock fan that came with the
> processor. (Retail)
>
> The stock cpu fan from intel isn't cutt'n it, wtf

What is the 3.0E safe thermal operating range?

Do you have good case venitlation?

ChrisH

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:29:25 -0400, "*FTB*~PrimeEvil~"
<prmevil37@comcast.net> wrote:

>Heat Problem with the Prescott
>Just went to a Prescott 3.0E Ghz
>
>Just running windows is 55C / 131F
>In Doom3 temp rose to 78C / 172F, Useing the stock fan that came with the
>processor. (Retail)
>
>The stock cpu fan from intel isn't cutt'n it, wtf
>
>So if some one has and suggestions of what type of 3rb party fan would be
>good for this processor let me know here in this thread.

Prescotts run hot! I've got the same CPU and this warm weather it's 48
idle and 60 full load (running ClimatePrediction.net). I'm using a
Zalman7000Cu with the fan running top speed, and the case is a
CoolerMaster Praetorian also with the fans running 100%.
Without the Zalman I'm sure mine would be at 78 like yours!

Tx for the advise, got permision from the wife to get some new stuff, LOL
New computer case:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-144-025&depa=1
New CPU fan:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-151-114&depa=1

"ChrisH" <chrish@easynet.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:29:25 -0400, "*FTB*~PrimeEvil~"
> <prmevil37@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Heat Problem with the Prescott
> >Just went to a Prescott 3.0E Ghz
> >
> >Just running windows is 55C / 131F
> >In Doom3 temp rose to 78C / 172F, Useing the stock fan that came with the
> >processor. (Retail)
> >
> >The stock cpu fan from intel isn't cutt'n it, wtf
> >
> >So if some one has and suggestions of what type of 3rb party fan would be
> >good for this processor let me know here in this thread.
> >

> Prescotts run hot! I've got the same CPU and this warm weather it's 48
> idle and 60 full load (running ClimatePrediction.net). I'm using a
> Zalman7000Cu with the fan running top speed, and the case is a
> CoolerMaster Praetorian also with the fans running 100%.
> Without the Zalman I'm sure mine would be at 78 like yours!

ftp://download.intel.com/design/Pentium4/datashts/30235101.pdf

--
John
johnf 202 at hotmail dot com

"*FTB*~PrimeEvil~" <prmevil37@comcast.net> wrote in message
| Heat Problem with the Prescott
| Just went to a Prescott 3.0E Ghz
|
| Just running windows is 55C / 131F
| In Doom3 temp rose to 78C / 172F, Useing the stock fan that came with the
| processor. (Retail)
|
| The stock cpu fan from intel isn't cutt'n it, wtf
|
| So if some one has and suggestions of what type of 3rb party fan would be
| good for this processor let me know here in this thread.

Donz

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2004

>> Just running windows is 55C / 131F
>> In Doom3 temp rose to 78C / 172F, Useing the stock fan that came
>> with the processor. (Retail)

I have a P4 3E and I'm using a Zalman7000Cu with thermatake lanmoto case (2
fan / 120cm)

It works in summer at 49c in idle and 65 under heavy load (doom3 for 2
hours).

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:23:04 +0200, "Driekes"
<biker_driekes@hotmail.com> wrote:

>One importend thing, see the yellow attention sheet in the processor box.
>You should use a "Prescott ready" case. In the side panel of these cases are
>pipes installed so the processor can get cool air from outside. See
>www.intel.com/chassis. I use the Enlight 7254 ande the 4105 without any
>problem. CPU themps don't get higher than 45 degree C, idle or stressed. And
>due to this the noise of the CPU-fan is not to high.
>
>Cheers,

actually try (for a list of tested cases):
http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/tech_reference/box_desktop/int_inst_info/dsk_tested_source_lists/53211.htm