My sound went off when I was copying a music cd with
Media player,I went to my Music, and nothing would play
there either. I did a sounnd check, and it told me that
everything was in order, I went through the usual search
procedure, but there was nothing to cover, as I get sound
for everything else, starting up, shutting down,printer
sounds etc.
Thanks for any help.

Go to Classic Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices>Volume>Advanced.
Make sure the mute box is
not checked for CD.