Wireless Network and Xbox

I have a MN-700 router that I'm running my network on without any problems.
I would like to incorporate another MN-700 router hooked up to the Xbox.
That way I won't have to get a game adaptor. Is this possible.

Malke

David O. wrote:

> I have a MN-700 router that I'm running my network on without any
> problems. I would like to incorporate another MN-700 router hooked up
> to the Xbox.
> That way I won't have to get a game adaptor. Is this possible.

Do you have a second MN-700 sitting on the shelf and that's why you
don't want to buy a game adapter? I'm sorry that I don't have an answer
for you but you might want to post your question in one of the XBox
Live forums. I have a Linksys game adapter for our XBox wireless
connection that works very well so I consider it was worth buying, but
I can understand if you don't want to spend the money when you have
other equipment. You'd definitely want to set the second router to not
act as a router, though. You don't want two routers on the same subnet.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

After an exhaustive search I found out that it is not possible.. Oh well
guess I'll be picking up the MN-740. Yeah, I actually have an extra MN-700
and was hoping to use it. At least it can be used as an access point.
Thanks for the message. Happy Holidays.

"Malke" wrote:

> David O. wrote:
>
> > I have a MN-700 router that I'm running my network on without any
> > problems. I would like to incorporate another MN-700 router hooked up
> > to the Xbox.
> > That way I won't have to get a game adaptor. Is this possible.
>
> Do you have a second MN-700 sitting on the shelf and that's why you
> don't want to buy a game adapter? I'm sorry that I don't have an answer
> for you but you might want to post your question in one of the XBox
> Live forums. I have a Linksys game adapter for our XBox wireless
> connection that works very well so I consider it was worth buying, but
> I can understand if you don't want to spend the money when you have
> other equipment. You'd definitely want to set the second router to not
> act as a router, though. You don't want two routers on the same subnet.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"

Sorry, the MN700 cannot be used as an access point client/gaming
adapter. You WILL need to purchase a gaming adapter.

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:37:03 -0800, "David O."
<DavidO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a MN-700 router that I'm running my network on without any problems.
>I would like to incorporate another MN-700 router hooked up to the Xbox.
>That way I won't have to get a game adaptor. Is this possible.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Malke

David O. wrote:

> After an exhaustive search I found out that it is not possible.. Oh
> well
> guess I'll be picking up the MN-740. Yeah, I actually have an extra
> MN-700
> and was hoping to use it. At least it can be used as an access point.
> Thanks for the message. Happy Holidays.

I'm sorry to hear it, but I very much appreciate your sharing the
information that it can't be done. This sort of question comes up
occasionally, and you've helped others by taking the time to post the
answer.

I will tell you that the wireless game adapter setup works very well
with XBox Live. I was originally concerned that there would be lag, but
there isn't. You'll enjoy it.

Cheers and Merry Insert-Holiday-Of-Your-Choice,

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers