P4P800-E Deluxe and ICH5R problems.

Torin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2003

Greetings all!

I just built a new system and installed Windows XP Pro on it and I am
having a problem getting the OS to see the ICH5R Raid Controller.

I went up to the Intel site and got the latest version of the Chipset
Software Installation Utility (6.0.1.1002) and installed this. Then I
got the latest copy of the Intel Application Accelerator (4.5) and
attempted to install this. When I do, I get an error saying that my
chip set does not support this software. When I go into the Device
Manager it says that I have an Intel 82801EB (Intel ICH5) controller
and not an 82801ER (ICH5R) controller in the various descriptions
within the Device Manager.

I am stumped. Does anyone have any idea why XP Pro thinks I have an
ICH5 controller? Did I install the wrong drivers?

When I initially installed XP I did not install the Application
Accelerator software. And there are no RAID controllers shown in the
Device Manager.

Do I need to do a repair install of XP or will that even help?

Any and all insight is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Torin

I had the exact same problem last night.
I have a P4C800 though...
if you go to the IDE configuration page, and set it to SATA (or
PATA/SATA if you want both), and say to set SATA to raid...
once you hook up the drives, and reboot, the OS automatically sees it.

i tried getting it to work for 2-3 hours on the onboard promise card
on my board... wouldn't work.... then i got the error you did when i
connected again to the intel controller.
once i set the bios to SATA raid and hooked up the drives, it
worked...

On 5 Aug 2004 09:49:32 -0700, mguyott@metratech.com (Torin) wrote:

>Greetings all!
>
>I just built a new system and installed Windows XP Pro on it and I am
>having a problem getting the OS to see the ICH5R Raid Controller.
>
>I went up to the Intel site and got the latest version of the Chipset
>Software Installation Utility (6.0.1.1002) and installed this. Then I
>got the latest copy of the Intel Application Accelerator (4.5) and
>attempted to install this. When I do, I get an error saying that my
>chip set does not support this software. When I go into the Device
>Manager it says that I have an Intel 82801EB (Intel ICH5) controller
>and not an 82801ER (ICH5R) controller in the various descriptions
>within the Device Manager.
>
>I am stumped. Does anyone have any idea why XP Pro thinks I have an
>ICH5 controller? Did I install the wrong drivers?
>
>When I initially installed XP I did not install the Application
>Accelerator software. And there are no RAID controllers shown in the
>Device Manager.
>
>Do I need to do a repair install of XP or will that even help?
>
>Any and all insight is greatly appreciated!
>
>Sincerely,
>Torin

Jan

I suppose you can only use the RAID setting as you mentioned it when you are
using the drives in a Raid setting. Otherwise you should set SATA raid to
NO. Or am I wrong about this?

Jan

"BobMarley" <brianh*REMOVEFOREMAIL*@conterra.com> schreef in bericht

> I had the exact same problem last night.
> I have a P4C800 though...
> if you go to the IDE configuration page, and set it to SATA (or
> PATA/SATA if you want both), and say to set SATA to raid...
> once you hook up the drives, and reboot, the OS automatically sees it.
>
> i tried getting it to work for 2-3 hours on the onboard promise card
> on my board... wouldn't work.... then i got the error you did when i
> connected again to the intel controller.
> once i set the bios to SATA raid and hooked up the drives, it
> worked...

Torin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2003