Instant Messenger

Miller

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2001

Hi folks!
I'm looking for an Instant Messenger, which can display Messages
in the foreground of the screen (WinXP) while CS is running.
It should handle ICQ and of course not bring the game to background
or even kill it. You can say a kind of "teamspeak".
Any suggestions?

ru, Miller

does MSN still act as wallhack with ATI cards?

man those days was funny....

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag
www.tacticalgamer.com

"Miller" <wurstwasser@gmx.org> wrote in message
> Hi folks!
> I'm looking for an Instant Messenger, which can display Messages
> in the foreground of the screen (WinXP) while CS is running.
> It should handle ICQ and of course not bring the game to background
> or even kill it. You can say a kind of "teamspeak".
> Any suggestions?
>
> ru, Miller

Andrew

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:02:34 GMT, "Steve" <luckylucky200@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I do believe that you will find Xfire exactly what you are looking for:
>
>www.xfire.com

Except it doesn't talk to ICQ, AFAIK.

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message news:tf4gc150lj5olg0p8ktqie1r5bi88vaaj3@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:02:34 GMT, "Steve" <luckylucky200@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I do believe that you will find Xfire exactly what you are looking for:
>>
>>www.xfire.com
>
> Except it doesn't talk to ICQ, AFAIK.

Erm.... trying to remember what it's called - ah yes, Trillian! Pretty sure it does ICQ - seems to
do most of the networks anyway.

http://www.trillian.cc/

Miller

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2001

*Steve* wrote on 03.07.05 18:02:
> I do believe that you will find Xfire exactly what you are looking for:
>
> www.xfire.com

Very close! But it doesn't handle ICQ. :-(
Perhaps i can persuade my mates to try it out.

ru, BM

*Nick* wrote on 03.07.05 21:34:
> "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message news:tf4gc150lj5olg0p8ktqie1r5bi88vaaj3@4ax.com...
>> On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:02:34 GMT, "Steve" <luckylucky200@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I do believe that you will find Xfire exactly what you are looking for:
>>>
>>>www.xfire.com
>>
>> Except it doesn't talk to ICQ, AFAIK.
>
> Erm.... trying to remember what it's called - ah yes, Trillian! Pretty sure it does ICQ - seems to
> do most of the networks anyway.

I'm using Miranda at the moment. But you can't place messagewindows on top
of (fullscreen-) CounterStrike. Does it work with Trillian? I want to chat with
my clanmates without interrupting the game.

ru, BM

Depends on whether you want a voice chat with only your friends or to
type it out. Typing no matter what is going to cause interruptions for
your game. There's no way around it.

Try one of these:

Chat:

Trillian
Xfire

Voice:

Teamspeak
Roger Wilco

Just curious, why not just use Teamspeak? Is it the everyone needs a mic
thing? Doesn't get any easier than TS.

> *Steve* wrote on 03.07.05 18:02:
>> I do believe that you will find Xfire exactly what you are looking for:
>>
>> www.xfire.com
>
> Very close! But it doesn't handle ICQ. :-(
> Perhaps i can persuade my mates to try it out.
>
> ru, BM

Andrew

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 22:06:14 -0700, "Bryon Miller" <falken76@cox.net>
wrote:

>Just curious, why not just use Teamspeak? Is it the everyone needs a mic
>thing? Doesn't get any easier than TS.

Teamspeak is not an IM program, it is good for some things, but Xfire
does others.

Miller

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2001

*Bryon Miller* wrote on 25.07.05 07:06:
> Just curious, why not just use Teamspeak? Is it the everyone needs a mic
> thing? Doesn't get any easier than TS.

You're right, TS is the easiest way. But not all of our "Noobie-Clan"
have microphones; mine is broken, too. And if you use ICQ for
example u've gotta switch between the windows, what makes it
unusable during the game.

bye, Miller