Instant Messenger

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 3, 2005 5:44:12 AM

Hi folks!
I'm looking for an Instant Messenger, which can display Messages
in the foreground of the screen (WinXP) while CS is running.
It should handle ICQ and of course not bring the game to background
or even kill it. You can say a kind of "teamspeak".
Any suggestions?

ru, Miller

More about : instant messenger

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 5:44:13 AM

does MSN still act as wallhack with ATI cards?

man those days was funny....

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag
www.tacticalgamer.com

"Miller" <wurstwasser@gmx.org> wrote in message
> Hi folks!
> I'm looking for an Instant Messenger, which can display Messages
> in the foreground of the screen (WinXP) while CS is running.
> It should handle ICQ and of course not bring the game to background
> or even kill it. You can say a kind of "teamspeak".
> Any suggestions?
>
> ru, Miller
July 3, 2005 8:02:34 PM

I do believe that you will find Xfire exactly what you are looking for:

www.xfire.com

Steve
Related resources
July 3, 2005 9:28:11 PM

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:02:34 GMT, "Steve" <luckylucky200@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I do believe that you will find Xfire exactly what you are looking for:
>
>www.xfire.com

Except it doesn't talk to ICQ, AFAIK.
July 4, 2005 12:34:12 AM

"Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message news:tf4gc150lj5olg0p8ktqie1r5bi88vaaj3@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:02:34 GMT, "Steve" <luckylucky200@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I do believe that you will find Xfire exactly what you are looking for:
>>
>>www.xfire.com
>
> Except it doesn't talk to ICQ, AFAIK.

Erm.... trying to remember what it's called - ah yes, Trillian! Pretty sure it does ICQ - seems to
do most of the networks anyway.

http://www.trillian.cc/
July 4, 2005 3:10:23 AM

*Steve* wrote on 03.07.05 18:02:
> I do believe that you will find Xfire exactly what you are looking for:
>
> www.xfire.com

Very close! But it doesn't handle ICQ. :-(
Perhaps i can persuade my mates to try it out.

ru, BM
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 3:16:07 AM

*Nick* wrote on 03.07.05 21:34:
> "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message news:tf4gc150lj5olg0p8ktqie1r5bi88vaaj3@4ax.com...
>> On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:02:34 GMT, "Steve" <luckylucky200@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I do believe that you will find Xfire exactly what you are looking for:
>>>
>>>www.xfire.com
>>
>> Except it doesn't talk to ICQ, AFAIK.
>
> Erm.... trying to remember what it's called - ah yes, Trillian! Pretty sure it does ICQ - seems to
> do most of the networks anyway.

I'm using Miranda at the moment. But you can't place messagewindows on top
of (fullscreen-) CounterStrike. Does it work with Trillian? I want to chat with
my clanmates without interrupting the game.

ru, BM
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 4:23:26 PM

Depends on whether you want a voice chat with only your friends or to
type it out. Typing no matter what is going to cause interruptions for
your game. There's no way around it.

Try one of these:

Chat:

Trillian
Xfire

Voice:

Teamspeak
Roger Wilco
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 2:06:14 AM

Just curious, why not just use Teamspeak? Is it the everyone needs a mic
thing? Doesn't get any easier than TS.

> *Steve* wrote on 03.07.05 18:02:
>> I do believe that you will find Xfire exactly what you are looking for:
>>
>> www.xfire.com
>
> Very close! But it doesn't handle ICQ. :-(
> Perhaps i can persuade my mates to try it out.
>
> ru, BM
July 25, 2005 12:42:10 PM

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 22:06:14 -0700, "Bryon Miller" <falken76@cox.net>
wrote:

>Just curious, why not just use Teamspeak? Is it the everyone needs a mic
>thing? Doesn't get any easier than TS.

Teamspeak is not an IM program, it is good for some things, but Xfire
does others.
July 25, 2005 9:29:15 PM

*Bryon Miller* wrote on 25.07.05 07:06:
> Just curious, why not just use Teamspeak? Is it the everyone needs a mic
> thing? Doesn't get any easier than TS.

You're right, TS is the easiest way. But not all of our "Noobie-Clan"
have microphones; mine is broken, too. And if you use ICQ for
example u've gotta switch between the windows, what makes it
unusable during the game.

bye, Miller
!