Epson R210 User Report not to good.

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,nz.comp (More info?)

Some Blue shift with R210 & showing low print resolution

To me the R210 is a lower grade printer when compared with my 740, how can
this be possible.?

Using XP to print a JPEG, and comparing it to my Epson 740 print with the same
Picture, the R210 has a site shift to blue and the resolution is noticeably
lower

Both prints were done with the XP Print option.

This is a Printer fault, not the image or the Monitor..

The Printer driver was set for the correct paper and Digital camera settings
in both cases.

I was very happy with my 740 Print quality but not so with the R210, is this
a Faulty Printer.?

How do I correct this..?

Thanks.
More about epson r210 user report good
  1. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,nz.comp (More info?)

    Seen a post today relating to your problem under "Epson R210 blue
    shift.." Follow that thread and see if it helps you.
    --------------------------------

    puss@purrpurr.com wrote:

    > Some Blue shift with R210 & showing low print resolution
    >

    > To me the R210 is a lower grade printer when compared with my 740, how can
    > this be possible.?
    >
    > Using XP to print a JPEG, and comparing it to my Epson 740 print with the same
    > Picture, the R210 has a site shift to blue and the resolution is noticeably
    > lower
    >
    > Both prints were done with the XP Print option.
    >
    > This is a Printer fault, not the image or the Monitor..
    >

    > The Printer driver was set for the correct paper and Digital camera settings
    > in both cases.
    >

    > I was very happy with my 740 Print quality but not so with the R210, is this
    > a Faulty Printer.?
    >

    > How do I correct this..?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)
  2. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,nz.comp (More info?)

    If it were only simple to get high quality prints first time the print
    button was pressed.
    Higher quality printers tend to be less forgiving of color mismanagement
    than lower quality printers. Epsons can give great results but they are
    finicky.
    1. Calibrate your monitor: the Adobe applet is adequate, an external device
    better.
    2. Use ICM at every point, use AdobeRGB if possible, sRGB if you have to.
    3. Begin with Epson Premium Glossy: make sure the correct paper is chosen
    and that ICM is checked in the driver. EPG seems to have the most reliable
    profile for predictable results.
    4. Run the check nozzle/clean utility before printing
    5. Use an ideal or test image with predictable colors and contrast ranges.
    6. Standardize on how much sharpening you will do prior to printing as this
    can effect perceived color balance.
    7. If you do not like the test image change to the Epson printer settings
    that allow you to make adjustments to gamma, colors and contrast. Use small
    tweaks until you find a good setting then use this as a basic setting for
    all prints.
    I have used Epsons for years and this was the only way I good get reasonably
    good prints out of my 1280. Rarely however was the first print the best
    print. I have since acquired a Canon 960: it has some quirks but color
    management seems much more consistent, it pains me to admit, especially if
    one is after high saturation/contrast.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,nz.comp (More info?)

    <puss@purrpurr.com> wrote in message

    Before you start with the abuse, <plonk>
  4. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,nz.comp (More info?)

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:57:17 +1200, "brundlefly" <brundlefly@xx.xx> wrote:

    ><puss@purrpurr.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >Before you start with the abuse, <plonk>

    What not another Metal Case..

    Go see your shrink..

  5. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,nz.comp (More info?)

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:24:46 GMT, "bmoag" <aetoo@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >If it were only simple to get high quality prints first time the print
    >button was pressed.
    >Higher quality printers tend to be less forgiving of color mismanagement
    >than lower quality printers. Epsons can give great results but they are
    >finicky.
    >1. Calibrate your monitor: the Adobe applet is adequate, an external device
    >better.
    >2. Use ICM at every point, use AdobeRGB if possible, sRGB if you have to.
    >3. Begin with Epson Premium Glossy: make sure the correct paper is chosen
    >and that ICM is checked in the driver. EPG seems to have the most reliable
    >profile for predictable results.

    >4. Run the check nozzle/clean utility before printing

    All nozzles are firing.

    >5. Use an ideal or test image with predictable colors and contrast ranges.

    I am comparing a 740 print with a R210 one using the same jpeg image.

    >6. Standardize on how much sharpening you will do prior to printing as this
    >can effect perceived color balance.

    Picture was strait out of a Sony F717 and untouched.

    >7. If you do not like the test image change to the Epson printer settings
    >that allow you to make adjustments to gamma, colors and contrast. Use small
    >tweaks until you find a good setting then use this as a basic setting for
    >all prints.
    >I have used Epsons for years and this was the only way I good get reasonably
    >good prints out of my 1280. Rarely however was the first print the best
    >print. I have since acquired a Canon 960: it has some quirks but color
    >management seems much more consistent, it pains me to admit, especially if
    >one is after high saturation/contrast.

    Canon Print heads are Only Rated for 18 Months use.

    I am NOT referring to what I see on the Monitor at all, but a Print done on
    the Epson 740 and now on a R210, the Prints are different, both printed the
    same way and on the same Paper..

    The 740 seams to have more Detail and less Blue when Compared to the R210
    Print, this should not be as the R210 has a much higher resolution and is a
    True Photo Printer..

  6. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,nz.comp (More info?)

    > On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:24:46 GMT, "bmoag" <aetoo@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >

    > I am NOT referring to what I see on the Monitor at all, but a Print done
    on
    > the Epson 740 and now on a R210, the Prints are different, both printed
    the
    > same way and on the same Paper..
    >
    > The 740 seams to have more Detail and less Blue when Compared to the R210
    > Print, this should not be as the R210 has a much higher resolution and is
    > True Photo Printer..

    And as the other poster said - needs more attention when printing.

    You wouldn't pick up a D2H and use it in exactly the same way as a Coolpix
    2100 would you?

    Expriment to get the best from your R200/R210 and then save as a user
    defined setting.

    Si.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,nz.comp (More info?)

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:16:13 +0100, "Si" <simon@nospamforme.co.uk> wrote:

    ><puss@purrpurr.com> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:24:46 GMT, "bmoag" <aetoo@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>

    >> I am NOT referring to what I see on the Monitor at all, but a Print done
    >on
    >> the Epson 740 and now on a R210, the Prints are different, both printed
    >the
    >> same way and on the same Paper..
    >>
    >> The 740 seams to have more Detail and less Blue when Compared to the R210
    >> Print, this should not be as the R210 has a much higher resolution and is
    >> True Photo Printer..
    >>

    >And as the other poster said - needs more attention when printing.
    >
    >You wouldn't pick up a D2H and use it in exactly the same way as a Coolpix
    >2100 would you?
    >
    >Expriment to get the best from your R200/R210 and then save as a user
    >defined setting.
    >
    >Si.

    Sorry I do not think you are comprehending my Post at all.

    How come the 740 is better than the R210 when both are use axially the same
    way..?
  8. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,nz.comp (More info?)

    "The GHOST of WOGER." <ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:16:13 +0100, "Si" <simon@nospamforme.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    > ><puss@purrpurr.com> wrote in message
    > >> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:24:46 GMT, "bmoag" <aetoo@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > >>

    > >> I am NOT referring to what I see on the Monitor at all, but a Print
    done
    > >on
    > >> the Epson 740 and now on a R210, the Prints are different, both
    printed
    > >the
    > >> same way and on the same Paper..
    > >>
    > >> The 740 seams to have more Detail and less Blue when Compared to the
    R210
    > >> Print, this should not be as the R210 has a much higher resolution and
    is
    > >> True Photo Printer..
    > >>

    > >And as the other poster said - needs more attention when printing.
    > >
    > >You wouldn't pick up a D2H and use it in exactly the same way as a
    Coolpix
    > >2100 would you?
    > >
    > >Expriment to get the best from your R200/R210 and then save as a user
    > >defined setting.
    > >
    > >Si.
    > >

    > Sorry I do not think you are comprehending my Post at all.
    >
    > How come the 740 is better than the R210 when both are use axially the
    same
    > way..?

    So, assuming that you are an amateur (i.e not a graphic designer or pro
    photog)...

    Try this anaolgy.

    You get into your average small saloon, turn the key, apply your foot to the
    gas and off she moves, sedately...

    You get into a 100,000 dollar sports car, turn the key, apply your foot to
    the gas and wheelspin for 500 yards, wasting 1000$ of rubber along the way -
    wonder why?

    The 740 is producing a print that is satisfactory to your (consumer) eye -
    but to a professional, it's probably none too special.

    Give the same image to someone who knows how to get the best results from
    your R210 and see the diff.

    Si.
  9. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,nz.comp (More info?)

    Si wrote:

    > So, assuming that you are an amateur (i.e not a graphic designer or pro
    > photog)...
    >
    > Try this anaolgy.
    >
    > You get into your average small saloon, turn the key, apply your foot to the
    > gas and off she moves, sedately...
    >
    > You get into a 100,000 dollar sports car, turn the key, apply your foot to
    > the gas and wheelspin for 500 yards, wasting 1000$ of rubber along the way -
    > wonder why?
    >
    > The 740 is producing a print that is satisfactory to your (consumer) eye -
    > but to a professional, it's probably none too special.
    >
    > Give the same image to someone who knows how to get the best results from
    > your R210 and see the diff.
    >
    > Si.

    That's totally irrelevant.

    I know nothing about the R210, but whatever printer you have, you shouldn't need
    to fart around to get it to produce a good print if the source is good to begin
    with.

    The question still stands. Is there something wrong with the 210 or is it
    no-where near as good as the 740?

    What are the specs of both?
    --
    Ben Thomas

    Apparently less than 10% of accidents are caused by drivers exceeding the speed
    limit.

Printers Epson Windows XP Peripherals