Is there software that displays number of current network connections?

reganweb

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
Hi,

I'm looking for a piece of software (or Windows 7 gadget) that can display for me how many people are currently connected to my computer. I use my computer for personal use but I also have a lot of media files that are often accessed by my roommates, via their xboxes. Is there any software that displays the number of current connections held with my computer? This would be helpful for me, as I don't like restarting my computer if people are streaming movies, tv shows, etc from it. Thanks a lot!

4745454b

Titan
In command prompt, type "netstat /an" Should show you what you need.

Don't know if the program is still around or if it shows lan connections, but I used to use and need to dig out again something called "net limiter". Not only can you see each connection while in windows, but you can control the bandwidth it gets/uses. I downloaded the last open beta they released right before they turned it into a paid program. Worked very well back in early 2000 whatever it was. Not sure if its still around or not.

tzu_wu

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
ESET Smart Security (NOD32) has the option to view all network connections and it will update in real time. It can resolve hostnames, show connections within the computer, show TCP connections, show listening connections and deny communication for a certain connection. You can view all this in a separate small window. I'm looking for a win7 gadget that can do all this to have it on top of my desktop at all times.