P4P800 integrated audio, is it good enough, or should I pu..

Dear experts,

After an installation of doom3, I think it's time to put my CUSL2-C to rest
*sop*, she's served me well. I was wondering since the P4P800 doesn't come
with the C flavour, how's the onboard audio compared to SBLive! X-Gamer.

Should I stick with on board? Would it use up cpu cycles since it's
onboard? And would the output be inferior to creative products?

Thanks.

-bron

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <cevaf1$s6c5@imsp212.netvigator.com>, "Bronney Hui" <bronney@netvigator.com> wrote:
>Dear experts,
>
>After an installation of doom3, I think it's time to put my CUSL2-C to rest
>*sop*, she's served me well. I was wondering since the P4P800 doesn't come
>with the C flavour, how's the onboard audio compared to SBLive! X-Gamer.
>
>Should I stick with on board? Would it use up cpu cycles since it's
>onboard? And would the output be inferior to creative products?
>
>Thanks.
>
>-bron

I,ve been toying with the onboard audio but with the onboard audio, you lose
the basic Bass/Treble adjustments that youll have with the SB live.

The onboard sound chip does use CPU cycles and will slow your system when
complex game sounds are playing. And, No, the onboard chip does NOT sound
as good as an add-on card.

--
DaveW

"Bronney Hui" <bronney@netvigator.com> wrote in message
> Dear experts,
>
> After an installation of doom3, I think it's time to put my CUSL2-C to
rest
> *sop*, she's served me well. I was wondering since the P4P800 doesn't
come
> with the C flavour, how's the onboard audio compared to SBLive! X-Gamer.
>
> Should I stick with on board? Would it use up cpu cycles since it's
> onboard? And would the output be inferior to creative products?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -bron

Terratec makes very good soundcarts. I hate Creative now. My Audigy doesn't
work and my surround speakers from 400 dollar broke after a half hour
working twice ( after repair ). It's junk!!

Maarten

">

In article <EtUQc.220991$IQ4.172719@attbi_s02>, "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:
>The onboard sound chip does use CPU cycles and will slow your system when
>complex game sounds are playing. And, No, the onboard chip does NOT sound
>as good as an add-on card.

I agree, after messing around with my P4P800 Deluxe onboard sound ,then
replacing it with my SB Live 5.1, the SB Live blew it away. The onboard sound
suffered from a sort of breathing like fluctuation sound.

Thanks everyone for reply :) You guys are great! The reason why I
asked was cuz I thought I could get away from the SBLive! driver
problems once and for all. Cuz I've been thru the days of switching
PCI slots, install liveware vs. the software on cd vs. win xp native.
The whole deal, such as losing sound in counter strike, not being able
to tweak the 32 voices output as in windows me's driver, not being
able to use 2 vid cards while the SBLive!'s in place.

Well guess I'd have to stick to the SBLive!. I don't see why I need
an Audigy yet since I have no room for 5.1. And the SBLive! does 4
points pretty well.

Thanks.

-bron