Sign in with
Your question

Having troubles with W7 Media Player...help?

Last response: in Windows 7
January 18, 2011 6:36:53 PM

Hey guys,

I usually am hanging around the build it yourself and components forums, so I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this.

I have a bunch of music ripped onto my work computer and copied it to a thumb drive. I took it home and copied all the music (my favorites) to my home PC. I can listen to the music if I go into the folder I put the music in and click on a song, but I can't get any of the windows media audio files (.wma) to show up in the WMP library like they do in my WMP at work.

I have included the folder "Favorites" in "My Music"...C:\Users\MyName...

I also copied the .wma files in "Favorites"...C:\Users\MyName\My Music...

I've tried saving playlists too, but nothing I'm doing is getting the files to show up in WMP itself.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help me?

Thanks,
-TG

More about : troubles media player

a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2011 6:58:10 PM

Check the options to see if "Add local media files to library when played" is ticked.
Or you can open Windows Media Center and make sure the folder is included in the folders to watch.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2011 6:59:48 PM

Do you have another player installed that might have taken over those file extensions? You can change what plays what under Start--> All Programs--> "Default Programs"
m
l
Related resources
January 18, 2011 8:04:13 PM

Jonmor68 said:
Check the options to see if "Add local media files to library when played" is ticked.
Or you can open Windows Media Center and make sure the folder is included in the folders to watch.

Yes, it is ticked.

I can't find where to include a folder to watch in WM Center.

I'm so frustrated right now. :fou: 

m
l
January 18, 2011 8:04:45 PM

anort3 said:
Do you have another player installed that might have taken over those file extensions? You can change what plays what under Start--> All Programs--> "Default Programs"

No other player installed.
m
l
!