network install

I have a laptop and my cd drive has stopped working. I also have a USB cd drive. I would like to reinstall windows but have a problem in that the cd cant be booted at startup. Firstly can anybody help me with this. If not, is it possible to install windows from another hard drive on a network. I have found a boot disk online that should allow me to access a network. I was just wondering if anybody had tried this before or has any other suggestions.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about network install

    Network install may not be possible.

    However, Microsoft has provided a series of boot diskettes which will allow
    you to run the set up, starting from a floppy disk. Just download the
    correct version (Home ; Pro ; Home with SP1 or Pro with Sp1) and follow the
    directions.

    "tzg103" <tomguest@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have a laptop and my cd drive has stopped working. I also have a USB cd
    drive. I would like to reinstall windows but have a problem in that the cd
    cant be booted at startup. Firstly can anybody help me with this. If not,
    is it possible to install windows from another hard drive on a network. I
    have found a boot disk online that should allow me to access a network. I
    was just wondering if anybody had tried this before or has any other
    suggestions.

    > Thanks

CD Drives Windows XP