EnableBigLba registry key not found

Ryan

I've been following Microsoft's HotFix on enabling XP with
SP1 or higher to allow 48-bit LBA so that the OS can fully
use a hard drive with more than 137-138Mb.

I am using the latest Atapi.sys driver version that the
HotFix suggests but I cannot find, in my registry, an
entry for the value 'EnableBigLba' as the HotFix suggests
is in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subsection.

Does anyone know when this registry entry is installed
into the system?

Thanks
--ryan

Check your motherboard manual for the BIOS settings. Enable
the correct settings.
Then Install SP1.
Then install a large hard drive and format it as NTFS.

"Ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1d2701c448b2$0a4a0c20$3501280a@phx.gbl...
| I've been following Microsoft's HotFix on enabling XP with
| SP1 or higher to allow 48-bit LBA so that the OS can fully
| use a hard drive with more than 137-138Mb.
|
| I am using the latest Atapi.sys driver version that the
| HotFix suggests but I cannot find, in my registry, an
| entry for the value 'EnableBigLba' as the HotFix suggests
| is in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subsection.
|
| Does anyone know when this registry entry is installed
| into the system?
|
| Thanks
| --ryan

It should be installed with SP1(a).