restoring original weapon-skins?

Last response: in Video Games
July 5, 2005 7:57:50 AM

Hello, I'm not sure if here is anybody who could help me.

I used a few custom weapon skins/models in CounterStrike:Source
and somebody told me now if I play on a VAC-server I get banned.
So, I would like to avoid it. How do I restore the original models
and skins?

regards,

Dennis :}
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 7:57:51 AM

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 03:57:50 +0200, Dennis Reinhardt
<der-delphi@gmx.de> wrote:

>Hello, I'm not sure if here is anybody who could help me.
>
>I used a few custom weapon skins/models in CounterStrike:Source
>and somebody told me now if I play on a VAC-server I get banned.
>So, I would like to avoid it. How do I restore the original models
>and skins?
>
>regards,
>
>Dennis :}

i use custom skins for my ts and play on a vac2 server. i authenticate
every time without error.

dr ratt

i'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, insanity & violence to anyone but they've always worked for me.
July 5, 2005 8:42:52 PM

dr ratt schrieb:

> i use custom skins for my ts and play on a vac2 server. i authenticate
> every time without error.

Really? Also in CS:S?
July 5, 2005 9:23:43 PM

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:42:52 +0200, Dennis Reinhardt
<der-delphi@gmx.de> wrote:

>dr ratt schrieb:
>

>> i use custom skins for my ts and play on a vac2 server. i authenticate
>> every time without error.
>>

>Really? Also in CS:S?

yes cs.s.
vac2 is the valve anti-cheat for source games.

dr ratt

i'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, insanity & violence to anyone but they've always worked for me.
July 5, 2005 10:08:38 PM

from the official VAC 2 FAQ at www.steampowered.com

"Q. Will VAC 2 ban for custom models/sounds?

A. No but servers may enforce consistency."
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 2:42:46 AM

> from the official VAC 2 FAQ at www.steampowered.com
>
> "Q. Will VAC 2 ban for custom models/sounds?
>
> A. No but servers may enforce consistency."

What does "consistency" mean in that context?
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 2:42:47 AM

Dennis Reinhardt wrote:

> What does "consistency" mean in that context?

It means servers may kick you off for having custom models or sounds,
but you won't get VAC banned.

--
Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
Dead men have no victory.

Erik Max Francis schrieb:

> It means servers may kick you off for having custom models or sounds,
> but you won't get VAC banned.

Ah, what about if I get kicked, can the admins set a automatic ban on
custom models? Not that I would like to join those servers... but still...
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 3:01:47 AM

"Dennis Reinhardt" <der-delphi@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:D aesfs$uip$1@online.de...
> Erik Max Francis schrieb:
>

>> It means servers may kick you off for having custom models or sounds, but you
>> won't get VAC banned.
>>

> Ah, what about if I get kicked, can the admins set a automatic ban on custom
> models? Not that I would like to join those servers... but still...

server admins can do what they like but I have never found a server that bans
for custom models etc. and very few that enforce standard models/skins etc
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 3:01:47 AM

Dennis Reinhardt wrote:

> Ah, what about if I get kicked, can the admins set a automatic ban on
> custom models? Not that I would like to join those servers... but still...

An admin can ban anyone for any reasons he likes.

--
Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
God does not play dice with the universe.

Erik Max Francis schrieb:

> An admin can ban anyone for any reasons he likes.

But that has no effect on the other VAC-servers, or?
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 6:33:15 AM

Dennis Reinhardt wrote:

> But that has no effect on the other VAC-servers, or?

Correct. Global VAC bans can't be done by local server admins.

--
Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and