asus a7n8-deluxe.rev.2 pc probe

where and what do I connect to get the readings of the powerunits fan.It
always says zero in my pc probe and there must be a way to get it going
the way it was meant to be.
regards al

Download Motherboard Monitor 5 - far better than Asus Probe - also, Asus
Probe will only give you socket temps for CPU you should be more interested
in diode.

Dom

"allan" <u86513780remove@telia.com> wrote in message
> where and what do I connect to get the readings of the powerunits fan.It
> always says zero in my pc probe and there must be a way to get it going
> the way it was meant to be.
> regards al

Paul

Splendid

In article <2nl7c1F246hjU1@uni-berlin.de>, allan
<u86513780remove@telia.com> wrote:

> where and what do I connect to get the readings of the powerunits fan.It
> always says zero in my pc probe and there must be a way to get it going
> the way it was meant to be.
> regards al

There are a couple possibilities:

1) PSU has three pin connector. There are two wires on the three
pin connector - tacho and GND.
a) When plugged into a fan header, if the RPMs are below about
1800 or so, the display will read zero. If the fan can be
coaxed to run faster than that, you'll get a reading.

2) PSU has two pin connector. There are two wires on the two
pin connector. This is a thermal readout, 10K ohms at 25C and
beta=3435 Kelvin. You need a matching two pin header on the
motherboard, to readout this PSU temperature.

It isn't likely they'd give you a three pin connector, but not
put a tachometer signal on it.

HTH,
Paul