Cant get Microphone to work

I CANNOT get my mic to work in game. I can hear myself talking through
the speakers but no one in game can hear me.

I followed the steampowered options for the +voice+dsound 0 switch with
no luck.

Any ideas?

Jim
8 answers Last reply
More about cant microphone work

    Jim wrote on 7/7/2005 7:32 PM:
    > I CANNOT get my mic to work in game. I can hear myself talking through
    > the speakers but no one in game can hear me.
    >
    > I followed the steampowered options for the +voice+dsound 0 switch with
    > no luck.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Jim

    Oh this is CS Source with XP SP2 and a Labtec microphone.

    Jim

    "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message
    > I CANNOT get my mic to work in game. I can hear myself talking through
    > the speakers but no one in game can hear me.
    >
    > I followed the steampowered options for the +voice+dsound 0 switch with
    > no luck.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Try speaking in CAPS :P

    I think there is a toggle in sound options, I remember I could turn voice on
    / off in the options somewhere :E

    Lief wrote:
    > "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I CANNOT get my mic to work in game. I can hear myself talking through
    >>the speakers but no one in game can hear me.
    >>
    >>I followed the steampowered options for the +voice+dsound 0 switch with
    >>no luck.
    >>
    >>Any ideas?
    >

    > Try speaking in CAPS :P
    >
    > I think there is a toggle in sound options, I remember I could turn voice on
    > / off in the options somewhere :E

    is it USB? you have to select the device if it is. well maybe.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Spacen Jasset" <spacenjasset@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Lief wrote:
    >> "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I CANNOT get my mic to work in game. I can hear myself talking through
    >>>the speakers but no one in game can hear me.
    >>>
    >>>I followed the steampowered options for the +voice+dsound 0 switch with
    >>>no luck.
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas?
    >>

    >> Try speaking in CAPS :P
    >>
    >> I think there is a toggle in sound options, I remember I could turn voice on
    >> / off in the options somewhere :E
    >>

    > is it USB? you have to select the device if it is. well maybe.

    Dumb question but you have bound a key to talk and you are pressing that key,
    right?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 19:32:25 -0400, Jim <Jim@no.com> wrote:

    >Any ideas?

    Assuming you've correctly configured everything in windoze and CS:S.

    You need to press the talk key (default "k" in CS:S if I remeber
    correctly) to transmit. Even then, only your own team/side will hear
    you unless ALLSOUND is enabled server side.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Jim wrote on 7/7/2005 7:32 PM:
    > I CANNOT get my mic to work in game. I can hear myself talking through
    > the speakers but no one in game can hear me.
    >
    > I followed the steampowered options for the +voice+dsound 0 switch with
    > no luck.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Jim

    Thx for all your help. All I am going to say is it was something stupid
    on my part. :)

    Jim
  7. Jim said:

    Jim wrote on 7/7/2005 7:32 PM:
    > I CANNOT get my mic to work in game. I can hear myself talking through
    > the speakers but no one in game can hear me.
    >
    > I followed the steampowered options for the +voice+dsound 0 switch with
    > no luck.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Jim

    Thx for all your help. All I am going to say is it was something stupid
    on my part. :)

    Jim

    Can u tell me what it was i have the same problem?
    ty
    :bounce:
  8. Microphone not plugged in? :)

Microphone Games Video Games