Cant get Microphone to work

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 7, 2005 11:32:25 PM

I CANNOT get my mic to work in game. I can hear myself talking through
the speakers but no one in game can hear me.

I followed the steampowered options for the +voice+dsound 0 switch with
no luck.

Any ideas?

Jim

More about : microphone work

July 7, 2005 11:34:54 PM

Jim wrote on 7/7/2005 7:32 PM:
> I CANNOT get my mic to work in game. I can hear myself talking through
> the speakers but no one in game can hear me.
>
> I followed the steampowered options for the +voice+dsound 0 switch with
> no luck.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jim

Oh this is CS Source with XP SP2 and a Labtec microphone.

Jim
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 3:44:51 AM

"Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message
> I CANNOT get my mic to work in game. I can hear myself talking through
> the speakers but no one in game can hear me.
>
> I followed the steampowered options for the +voice+dsound 0 switch with
> no luck.
>
> Any ideas?

Try speaking in CAPS :p

I think there is a toggle in sound options, I remember I could turn voice on
/ off in the options somewhere :E
July 8, 2005 5:37:50 AM

Lief wrote:
> "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message
>
>>I CANNOT get my mic to work in game. I can hear myself talking through
>>the speakers but no one in game can hear me.
>>
>>I followed the steampowered options for the +voice+dsound 0 switch with
>>no luck.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>

> Try speaking in CAPS :p
>
> I think there is a toggle in sound options, I remember I could turn voice on
> / off in the options somewhere :E

is it USB? you have to select the device if it is. well maybe.
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 9:44:41 PM

"Spacen Jasset" <spacenjasset@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o Nkze.2850$GV6.1596@newsfe7-win.ntli.net...
> Lief wrote:
>> "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I CANNOT get my mic to work in game. I can hear myself talking through
>>>the speakers but no one in game can hear me.
>>>
>>>I followed the steampowered options for the +voice+dsound 0 switch with
>>>no luck.
>>>
>>>Any ideas?
>>

>> Try speaking in CAPS :p
>>
>> I think there is a toggle in sound options, I remember I could turn voice on
>> / off in the options somewhere :E
>>

> is it USB? you have to select the device if it is. well maybe.

Dumb question but you have bound a key to talk and you are pressing that key,
right?
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 2:04:04 PM

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 19:32:25 -0400, Jim <Jim@no.com> wrote:

>Any ideas?

Assuming you've correctly configured everything in windoze and CS:S.

You need to press the talk key (default "k" in CS:S if I remeber
correctly) to transmit. Even then, only your own team/side will hear
you unless ALLSOUND is enabled server side.
July 11, 2005 9:54:57 PM

Jim wrote on 7/7/2005 7:32 PM:
> I CANNOT get my mic to work in game. I can hear myself talking through
> the speakers but no one in game can hear me.
>
> I followed the steampowered options for the +voice+dsound 0 switch with
> no luck.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jim

Thx for all your help. All I am going to say is it was something stupid
on my part. :)

Jim
February 11, 2008 8:57:15 PM

Jim said:

Jim wrote on 7/7/2005 7:32 PM:
> I CANNOT get my mic to work in game. I can hear myself talking through
> the speakers but no one in game can hear me.
>
> I followed the steampowered options for the +voice+dsound 0 switch with
> no luck.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jim

Thx for all your help. All I am going to say is it was something stupid
on my part. :)

Jim

Can u tell me what it was i have the same problem?
ty
:bounce:
February 13, 2008 10:31:06 AM

Microphone not plugged in? :)