Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Kyocera FS1020D

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 6:57:03 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Has anyone any experience of this printer? Trying to decide whether to
buy it or not.

Cheers

David

More about : kyocera fs1020d

Anonymous
April 25, 2004 6:21:08 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:57:03 +0100, David Cornish
<mail@davidcornish.com> wrote:

>Has anyone any experience of this printer? Trying to decide whether to
>buy it or not.
>
>Cheers
>
>David

Not that one specifically, but Kyocera printers are generally very
good in my experience, and significantly cheaper to run as well.

--

Hecate
Hecate@newsguy.com
veni, vidi, reliqui
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 6:52:29 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

>>Has anyone any experience of this printer? Trying to decide whether to
>>buy it or not.

Thanks for the reply. I'll probably go for it, as online reviews look good.

David
Related resources
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 8:52:03 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I went and bought it in the end. Initial tests seem fine, with good
output quality, speed and the printing noise levels are not overbearing,
unlike Samsung printers I've experienced. Duplexing also works well,
with no jams yet.

There was however one exception - printing the 91-page KX Printer Driver
manual (PDF from Kyocera's website). It missed out all the n's in the
document! I'm not going to give it another shot as I don't want to
waste all that paper just to see if it does it again, but it is odd and
a little frustrating. It managed the 150-page Operation Guide for the
printer without any problems. Any thoughts from anyone?

Regards

David
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 5:34:32 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:52:03 +0100, David Cornish
<mail@davidcornish.com> wrote:

>I went and bought it in the end. Initial tests seem fine, with good
>output quality, speed and the printing noise levels are not overbearing,
>unlike Samsung printers I've experienced. Duplexing also works well,
>with no jams yet.
>
>There was however one exception - printing the 91-page KX Printer Driver
>manual (PDF from Kyocera's website). It missed out all the n's in the
>document! I'm not going to give it another shot as I don't want to
>waste all that paper just to see if it does it again, but it is odd and
>a little frustrating. It managed the 150-page Operation Guide for the
>printer without any problems. Any thoughts from anyone?
>
That is seriously weird. :) 

Never had any problems with Kyocera printers. Mind you, I've never
printed out the driver manual either ;-)

--

Hecate
Hecate@newsguy.com
veni, vidi, reliqui
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 6:53:44 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

David Cornish wrote:
> I went and bought it in the end. Initial tests seem fine, with good
> output quality, speed and the printing noise levels are not overbearing,
> unlike Samsung printers I've experienced. Duplexing also works well,
> with no jams yet.
>
> There was however one exception - printing the 91-page KX Printer Driver
> manual (PDF from Kyocera's website). It missed out all the n's in the
> document! I'm not going to give it another shot as I don't want to
> waste all that paper just to see if it does it again, but it is odd and
> a little frustrating. It managed the 150-page Operation Guide for the
> printer without any problems. Any thoughts from anyone?

Hi David

I bought the FS-1020D here in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago. The price was
good: 13,500 baht (about GBP 195). My experience so far has been similar to
yours, although I've used only 16% of the starter toner according to the
remote operation panel.

I had no problem printing the KX Driver operation guide, using Acrobat 5.0.5
and the 2.2.0930d driver for WinXP (PCL XL PDL, Download True Type fonts as
outline). What settings are using to print?

Regards

Matt M
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 8:28:45 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

> I bought the FS-1020D here in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago. The price was
> good: 13,500 baht (about GBP 195). My experience so far has been similar to
> yours, although I've used only 16% of the starter toner according to the
> remote operation panel.
>
> I had no problem printing the KX Driver operation guide, using Acrobat 5.0.5
> and the 2.2.0930d driver for WinXP (PCL XL PDL, Download True Type fonts as
> outline). What settings are using to print?

I printed under Acrobat 6.0 (Win XP) using the 2.3.0211 driver (my
supplier failed to ship the CD initially so I downloaded the driver from
the web, hence the newer version), in the default PCL XL mode and set to
download fonts as outline. I tried it again, cancelling the job after
the first page, and the same problem came up - it's very odd. I wonder
actually if it is a problem with Acrobat Reader rather than the printer,
since I tried printing the same file (again, cancelling the job after
the first page) using GSView and it worked nice and dandy.

David
!