Half of Memory Shown in Win XP

Flintstone wrote:
> I have a single 512 memory card. However, Win XP Pro only
> showes 256. What's up?

What does your BIOS tell you that you have?

--
<- Shenan ->

peter

Hi,

It may be a double bank ram chips seated into a single sided DIMM slot.
Read your mobo user manual.
Usually if the mobo have 3 DIMM slots, the 1st DIMM is for double sided, 2nd is for double/single sided and the 3 rd one for singe sided.

Peter