I stick two SATA HDDs in the bays using NON raid plug ins.
I put two or three IDE drives (CDs, DVD, ORB) and a 200gb storage drive on the
Master and second Master EIDE ports.

what is the PC going to see first besides the removable drives??
the SATA or the 200gb EIDE storage drive? do I need to stick it as a secondary
master to make sure that the SATAs are seen first as Drives C and D???

thanks
chas

"schuetzen - RKBA!" <chasm@texas.net> wrote in message

> I stick two SATA HDDs in the bays using NON raid plug ins.
> I put two or three IDE drives (CDs, DVD, ORB) and a 200gb storage drive on
> the
> Master and second Master EIDE ports.
>
> what is the PC going to see first besides the removable drives??
> the SATA or the 200gb EIDE storage drive? do I need to stick it as a
> secondary
> master to make sure that the SATAs are seen first as Drives C and D???
>
> thanks
> chas

You didn't say what OS your going to install so I assume
its XP. If that's true then,
It has been my experience that if you want the SATA drives to
be seen as C and D then you should remove all hard drives
from your computer except the ones on the SATA ports before
installing XP. This includes items that can appear as drives
such as memory sticks etc. Then install the other drives after
XP is installed. This might be true for 98/ME too but I can't
say.

Jim M