Does XP support DVD+RW DVD-RW etc.

I have a TDK DVD player Writer. It came with Roxio which I dont care for.
Does XP by itself support DVD writing and reading. (DVD_RW , DVD+RW etc.)
If not what is the esiest way to do this without having to install a lot of software
I don't want or need.
Thanks

peter

we dont know what you need or want....but there are a lot of different DVD
writting software out there.
look here for more detailed answers
http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
peter
"Pete Carr" <pcarr99@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I have a TDK DVD player Writer. It came with Roxio which I dont care for.
> Does XP by itself support DVD writing and reading. (DVD_RW , DVD+RW etc.)
> If not what is the esiest way to do this without having to install a lot of
software
> I don't want or need.
> Thanks

peter

Hi,

No XP is not natively support reading from/writing to DVD files. You need 3rd party softwares like Roxio, Nero etc.

Peter

Pete Carr wrote:
> I have a TDK DVD player Writer. It came with Roxio which I dont care
> for.
> Does XP by itself support DVD writing and reading. (DVD_RW , DVD+RW
> etc.)
> If not what is the esiest way to do this without having to install a
> lot of software I don't want or need.

Third Party CD/DVD burning software does a much better job than Windows XP
native.
(That and DVD burning is not supported in Windows XP natively.)

--
<- Shenan ->