Hardware switched now trouble

June 2, 2004 11:10:19 PM

I recently switched my hard drives (4 WD's), Memory
(1536MB RAM), sound (SB Audigy 2) & video (Ati Radeon
9600) cards to a new motherboard (Soyo Dragon Platinum)
so I could get a better processor. I knew there would be
some problems like getting it to see everything (I even
had to activate XP again), but when I start the computer
when it gets to windows it goes to a blue screen says
something to fast for me to read then reboots and then it
plays fine. Can anyone help me with this?
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 2:32:09 AM

You gave XP a cardiac arrest as all the chipset changed. I see a Repair
Installation in your very near future.

www.coribright.com

"Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently switched my hard drives (4 WD's), Memory
> (1536MB RAM), sound (SB Audigy 2) & video (Ati Radeon
> 9600) cards to a new motherboard (Soyo Dragon Platinum)
> so I could get a better processor. I knew there would be
> some problems like getting it to see everything (I even
> had to activate XP again), but when I start the computer
> when it gets to windows it goes to a blue screen says
> something to fast for me to read then reboots and then it
> plays fine. Can anyone help me with this?
June 3, 2004 3:26:52 AM

Hi,

You said it plays fine after reboot. So, what kind of help you needed?
Usually, you need to perform a repair installation of XP after changing the mobo and CPU unless the chipset of the new mobo is identical to the old mobo.

Peter

----- Nick wrote: -----

I recently switched my hard drives (4 WD's), Memory
(1536MB RAM), sound (SB Audigy 2) & video (Ati Radeon
9600) cards to a new motherboard (Soyo Dragon Platinum)
so I could get a better processor. I knew there would be
some problems like getting it to see everything (I even
had to activate XP again), but when I start the computer
when it gets to windows it goes to a blue screen says
something to fast for me to read then reboots and then it
plays fine. Can anyone help me with this?
June 4, 2004 12:18:08 AM

I would just like to keep it from restarting and I have a
feeling it would cause trouble later on. I caught a few
words this time, it was something like "Page Fault in Non
Paged area" Mean anything?

!