Hardware switched now trouble

I recently switched my hard drives (4 WD's), Memory
(1536MB RAM), sound (SB Audigy 2) & video (Ati Radeon
9600) cards to a new motherboard (Soyo Dragon Platinum)
so I could get a better processor. I knew there would be
some problems like getting it to see everything (I even
had to activate XP again), but when I start the computer
when it gets to windows it goes to a blue screen says
something to fast for me to read then reboots and then it
plays fine. Can anyone help me with this?
3 answers Last reply
More about hardware switched trouble

    You gave XP a cardiac arrest as all the chipset changed. I see a Repair
    Installation in your very near future.

    www.coribright.com

    "Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I recently switched my hard drives (4 WD's), Memory
    > (1536MB RAM), sound (SB Audigy 2) & video (Ati Radeon
    > 9600) cards to a new motherboard (Soyo Dragon Platinum)
    > so I could get a better processor. I knew there would be
    > some problems like getting it to see everything (I even
    > had to activate XP again), but when I start the computer
    > when it gets to windows it goes to a blue screen says
    > something to fast for me to read then reboots and then it
    > plays fine. Can anyone help me with this?

    Hi,

    You said it plays fine after reboot. So, what kind of help you needed?
    Usually, you need to perform a repair installation of XP after changing the mobo and CPU unless the chipset of the new mobo is identical to the old mobo.

    Peter

    ----- Nick wrote: -----

    I recently switched my hard drives (4 WD's), Memory
    (1536MB RAM), sound (SB Audigy 2) & video (Ati Radeon
    9600) cards to a new motherboard (Soyo Dragon Platinum)
    so I could get a better processor. I knew there would be
    some problems like getting it to see everything (I even
    had to activate XP again), but when I start the computer
    when it gets to windows it goes to a blue screen says
    something to fast for me to read then reboots and then it
    plays fine. Can anyone help me with this?

    I would just like to keep it from restarting and I have a
    feeling it would cause trouble later on. I caught a few
    words this time, it was something like "Page Fault in Non
    Paged area" Mean anything?

    >Hi,
    >
    >You said it plays fine after reboot. So, what kind of
    help you needed?
    >Usually, you need to perform a repair installation of XP
    after changing the mobo and CPU unless the chipset of the
    new mobo is identical to the old mobo.

    >Peter

Hardware Windows XP