K8V SE Deluxe + A64 3200+ Reboots with CnQ (Cool and Quiet..

Have 2 sticks of Samsung DDR333 in it.

1 SATA drive on the Promise controller.

XP SP1, clean install.

Runs fine without Cool and Quiet enabled. Never crashes.

If I enable Cool and Quiet, the system gets really choppy and occasionally reboots.

The board came with Bios 1001, I am up to 1004 now, so change in behaviour.

CZ
1 answer Last reply
More about deluxe 3200 reboots cool quiet

    In article <5af49a14.0408101255.2bbd23b2@posting.google.com>,
    c_zachariadis@hotmail.com (Undecided) wrote:

    > Have 2 sticks of Samsung DDR333 in it.
    >
    > 1 SATA drive on the Promise controller.
    >
    > XP SP1, clean install.
    >
    > Runs fine without Cool and Quiet enabled. Never crashes.
    >
    > If I enable Cool and Quiet, the system gets really choppy and
    occasionally reboots.

    > The board came with Bios 1001, I am up to 1004 now, so change in behaviour.
    >

    > CZ

    Asus has an updated Control for CnQ. Check this thread:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=410fc38f%240%24141%249b622d9e%40news.freenet.de

    HTH,
    Paul

Asus Motherboards