K8V SE Deluxe + A64 3200+ Reboots with CnQ (Cool and Quiet..

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 10, 2004 5:55:44 PM

Have 2 sticks of Samsung DDR333 in it.

1 SATA drive on the Promise controller.

XP SP1, clean install.

Runs fine without Cool and Quiet enabled. Never crashes.

If I enable Cool and Quiet, the system gets really choppy and occasionally reboots.

The board came with Bios 1001, I am up to 1004 now, so change in behaviour.

CZ

More about : k8v deluxe a64 3200 reboots cnq cool quiet

August 11, 2004 1:40:40 AM

In article <5af49a14.0408101255.2bbd23b2@posting.google.com>,
c_zachariadis@hotmail.com (Undecided) wrote:

> Have 2 sticks of Samsung DDR333 in it.
>
> 1 SATA drive on the Promise controller.
>
> XP SP1, clean install.
>
> Runs fine without Cool and Quiet enabled. Never crashes.
>
> If I enable Cool and Quiet, the system gets really choppy and
occasionally reboots.

> The board came with Bios 1001, I am up to 1004 now, so change in behaviour.
>

> CZ

Asus has an updated Control for CnQ. Check this thread:

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=410fc38f%240%24...

HTH,
Paul
!