How To Burn Data on External DVD??

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I currently bought an external Pioneer A106-D DVD burner
with the IEEE Firewire. My XP Home recognizes the burner
and any data that is displayed, however, I can't any
write any data to it using XP. I'm pretty sure it is
supported and the firmware is up-to-date. I have no
problems at all burning videos using 3rd party software
with the DVD burner....help??

Did you even bother to read any of the documentation that came with the DVD
burner?

Are you even aware that Windows XP does not actively support DVD burning?

Did you think that you could just magically attach the drive and have
everything ready to go?

RTFM.

Install software.

RTFM for the software.

Bobby

Greg wrote:
> I currently bought an external Pioneer A106-D DVD burner
> with the IEEE Firewire. My XP Home recognizes the burner
> and any data that is displayed, however, I can't any
> write any data to it using XP. I'm pretty sure it is
> supported and the firmware is up-to-date. I have no
> problems at all burning videos using 3rd party software
> with the DVD burner....help??

What third party software are you using to burn the data to the DVDs?
Ask them for help.

(Windows XP does not natively support DVD burning.)

--
<- Shenan ->

Windows XP only has a CD burning application. To burn
DVD data you must use Thrid party application.