P4C800-E Dlx & CM Praetorian Case Wires

How do I know which way to connect the CM Praetorian case wires to the
P4C800-E Dlx? Maybe the labels should face the bottom of the case?
I think the ground wire is always the same color. But some connectors don't
have one on either side.
I see the manual has pinouts, but I don't know which pin corresponds to
which wire. I know if they are plugged in wrong they can be changed, but I
want to have an idea of what to do.

Also, are the case's front USB, Firewire, and Audio wires compatible with
the board's headers? They look like they are.

Any particular BIOS settings that should be changed from the default right
away?

Thanks,
QZ

QZ--I have the CM forerunner of the Praetorian case which is the ATCS 201B
and it appears to only differ in that the only front connectors that I have
are two USB's and no firewire. Here is how my case is wired and
working--thus if the colors of the wires match up between your case and
mine, I would think it would work fine.

Facing the motherboard in place in the case so that the case connectors are
located at the bottom right on the P4C800-ED:

Power LED = green wire on left, white wire on right
IDE LED = orange wire on left, white wire on right

ATX Power Switch = blue on left, white on right (should not matter)
Resert Switch = both wires are grey--should not matter

The front USB ports connected with the motherboard headers just fine with
the red wires on the left in the connector (again, facing the motherboard
with it in place or red wires toward the rear case fan).

Dunno about the audio or Firewire connections...

Good luck

MikeSp
--------------------------

"Michael S." <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Facing the motherboard in place in the case so that the case connectors
are
> located at the bottom right on the P4C800-ED:

> Power LED = green wire on left, white wire on right
> IDE LED = orange wire on left, white wire on right
> ATX Power Switch = blue on left, white on right (should not matter)
> Resert Switch = both wires are grey--should not matter
>
> The front USB ports connected with the motherboard headers just fine with
> the red wires on the left in the connector (again, facing the motherboard
> with it in place or red wires toward the rear case fan).
>
> Dunno about the audio or Firewire connections...

Thanks for the quick response.
Maybe someone else will know about the Firewire and Audio
I will hopefully connect all of the wires tomorrow.

QZ

ChrisH

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:31:22 -0400, "QZ" <nothing> wrote:

>"Michael S." <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Facing the motherboard in place in the case so that the case connectors
>are
>> located at the bottom right on the P4C800-ED:
>
>> Power LED = green wire on left, white wire on right
>> IDE LED = orange wire on left, white wire on right
>> ATX Power Switch = blue on left, white on right (should not matter)
>> Resert Switch = both wires are grey--should not matter
>>
>> The front USB ports connected with the motherboard headers just fine with
>> the red wires on the left in the connector (again, facing the motherboard
>> with it in place or red wires toward the rear case fan).
>>
>> Dunno about the audio or Firewire connections...
>
>Thanks for the quick response.
>Maybe someone else will know about the Firewire and Audio
>I will hopefully connect all of the wires tomorrow.
>
>QZ

The Firewire and USB leads are keyed, they only go in one way. Also,
the sockets on the MB are labeled. I don't know about the audio, I
have a soundcard and so onboard sound is disabled.