New BIOS v1008 for A7N8X deluxe

This just adds Semperon support...but as I understand it, a Semperon
will not fit the CPU socket in this MB.

Can anybody clarify?

TIA.

Cheers,

Guy

More about bios v1008 a7n8x deluxe

    In article <bh3lh097md3us6csls0hd4ig9jprjqme14@4ax.com>, Dr Teeth
    <no_email_here_please@tardis.com> wrote:

    > This just adds Semperon support...but as I understand it, a Semperon
    > will not fit the CPU socket in this MB.
    >
    > Can anybody clarify?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Guy

    Semperon exist for two different sockets, just for added
    confuseron.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Dr Teeth wrote:
    > This just adds Semperon support...but as I understand it, a Semperon
    > will not fit the CPU socket in this MB.
    >
    > Can anybody clarify?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Guy
    >
    > ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
    > ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
    > ** out of someone who richly deserves it.

    There are K7 based and K8 based Semprons, so the K7 version will fit in
    a socket A board like the A7N8X.

Asus BIOS Support Motherboards