HIGH PING IN CS:SOURCE

I am having a problem with high ping when I play on a source server usually
around
150-200. But when I play regular CS I average around 50. Can anyone help
me

Thanks,

Mike
[USMC] T-Bone
3 answers Last reply
More about high ping source

    >I am having a problem with high ping when I play on a source server usually
    > around
    > 150-200. But when I play regular CS I average around 50. Can anyone help
    > me

    What is the tickrate for normal CS?

    rms

    Mike wrote:
    > I am having a problem with high ping when I play on a source server usually
    > around
    > 150-200. But when I play regular CS I average around 50. Can anyone help
    > me
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike
    > [USMC] T-Bone

    Do a manual ping to the CS:S server

    ping <server ip>

    and compare tht with the in game one. If they are diffrent it may be
    your settings. or, perhaps you have one of your games auto updating in
    the background.

    Spacen Jasset wrote:
    > Mike wrote:
    >
    >> I am having a problem with high ping when I play on a source server
    >> usually
    >> around
    >> 150-200. But when I play regular CS I average around 50.

    Check your steam settings and make sure your connection speed isn't set
    for 56k. This happened to me once after a steam download.
    Do a control-alt-delete and close down unnecessary applications running
    in the background.
    Try shutting down your computer, unplugging your high-speed modem for 30
    seconds to reset it, then re-booting.

    Respectfully, Bob

Games Servers Video Games