HIGH PING IN CS:SOURCE

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 21, 2005 7:27:48 AM

I am having a problem with high ping when I play on a source server usually
around
150-200. But when I play regular CS I average around 50. Can anyone help
me

Thanks,

Mike
[USMC] T-Bone

More about : high ping source

July 21, 2005 5:11:35 PM

>I am having a problem with high ping when I play on a source server usually
> around
> 150-200. But when I play regular CS I average around 50. Can anyone help
> me

What is the tickrate for normal CS?

rms
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 5:55:12 PM

Mike wrote:
> I am having a problem with high ping when I play on a source server usually
> around
> 150-200. But when I play regular CS I average around 50. Can anyone help
> me
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
> [USMC] T-Bone

Do a manual ping to the CS:S server

ping <server ip>

and compare tht with the in game one. If they are diffrent it may be
your settings. or, perhaps you have one of your games auto updating in
the background.
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 7:46:43 PM

Spacen Jasset wrote:
> Mike wrote:
>
>> I am having a problem with high ping when I play on a source server
>> usually
>> around
>> 150-200. But when I play regular CS I average around 50.

Check your steam settings and make sure your connection speed isn't set
for 56k. This happened to me once after a steam download.
Do a control-alt-delete and close down unnecessary applications running
in the background.
Try shutting down your computer, unplugging your high-speed modem for 30
seconds to reset it, then re-booting.

Respectfully, Bob
!