Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu: run w/o fan mate 1?

Hi

It's allowed to run the Zalman CNPS7000A-AlC w/o fan mate 1 connected?
Or will the fan to be damaged, because the max. output from the fan mate is
11V but is the fan a 12 V model?

TIA
More about zalman cnps7000a alcu mate

    In article <2o1ef6F5rljuU1@uni-berlin.de>, "Peter Wagner"
    <NG.Basket.PeeWaa@xoxy.net> wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > It's allowed to run the Zalman CNPS7000A-AlC w/o fan mate 1 connected?
    > Or will the fan to be damaged, because the max. output from the fan mate is
    > 11V but is the fan a 12 V model?
    >
    > TIA

    I run mine direct from the CPU header, so it runs at 12V. I keep
    Q-fan disabled.

    In the manual for the "B" version, it says:

    http://zalman.co.kr/Upload/product/CNPS7000B_eng.PDF

    "Fan speed of 2500 RPM can be obtained by directly connecting 3 pin
    fan connector to motherboard. (Without Fan Controller)"

    HTH,
    Paul

    "Peter Wagner" <vba@directbox.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > It's allowed to run the Zalman CNPS7000A-AlC w/o fan mate 1 connected?
    > Or will the fan to be damaged, because the max. output from the fan mate
    is
    > 11V but is the fan a 12 V model?
    >
    > TIA
    Shouldn't be a problem at all. I have nearly the same cooler (except mine
    being the copper one) and didn't even bother installing the fan mate. Like
    Driekes stated you won't be able to control the fan speed but if it's
    important to you, depending on what type of MB you have you can use q-fan or
    some other setting in the bios to control fan speed.

    I think it is no problem but you cannot adjust te fan speed anymore and that
    what is al about. Low fan speed > Low noise...

    "Peter Wagner" <vba@directbox.com> schreef in bericht

    ftran999 wrote:
    > "Peter Wagner" <vba@directbox.com> wrote in message

    Thanks for your answer.

    > Shouldn't be a problem at all. I have nearly the same cooler (except
    > mine being the copper one) and didn't even bother installing the fan
    > mate. Like Driekes stated you won't be able to control the fan speed
    > but if it's important to you, depending on what type of MB you have
    > you can use q-fan or some other setting in the bios to control fan
    > speed.

    Yes, I've q-fan as BIOS option.
    I'll try it to see how quiet it's with q-fan.

    Driekes wrote:
    > I think it is no problem but you cannot adjust te fan speed anymore
    > and that what is al about. Low fan speed > Low noise...

    I'll try the BIOS possibility q-fan.

    Paul wrote:

    Thank your for your answer.

    > I run mine direct from the CPU header, so it runs at 12V. I keep
    > Q-fan disabled.

    I'll try how Q-fan works w/o fan mate 1.
    Fan mate 1 annihilates only power (a heater), Q-fan is probably more
    'intelligent'.

    > In the manual for the "B" version, it says:
    >
    > http://zalman.co.kr/Upload/product/CNPS7000B_eng.PDF
    >
    > "Fan speed of 2500 RPM can be obtained by directly connecting 3 pin
    > fan connector to motherboard. (Without Fan Controller)"

    Thanks for the link.
    I hope the fan motor is the same as in the A version.

    Peter Wagner wrote:
    > Paul wrote:
    >

    > I'll try how Q-fan works w/o fan mate 1.
    > Fan mate 1 annihilates only power (a heater), Q-fan is probably more
    > 'intelligent'.

    It isn't. :-(
    The minimal RPM with Q-fan is about 2150 RPM and at higher temperatures the
    RPM won't go faster. :-(
    I've reinstalled the fan mate 1 and adjusted to about 1600 RPM.

    >> In the manual for the "B" version, it says:
    >>
    >> http://zalman.co.kr/Upload/product/CNPS7000B_eng.PDF
    >>
    >> "Fan speed of 2500 RPM can be obtained by directly connecting 3 pin
    >> fan connector to motherboard. (Without Fan Controller)"

    Yes, it works.
    No damage.

    >> HTH,
    >> Paul

    > > I'll try how Q-fan works w/o fan mate 1.
    > > Fan mate 1 annihilates only power (a heater), Q-fan is probably more
    > > 'intelligent'.
    >
    > It isn't. :-(
    > The minimal RPM with Q-fan is about 2150 RPM and at higher temperatures
    the
    > RPM won't go faster. :-(
    > I've reinstalled the fan mate 1 and adjusted to about 1600 RPM.

    The graph on the Asus site (don't recall the URL) showed that the QFan
    didn't even kick in until the CPU hit 60'C! That's a bit much for me. I'd
    rather it kick in a lot lower and ramp up more gradually.

    Qfan set at 11/16 and using the FanMate at low the CPU is currently at 33'C
    (case 32'C) at 1500rpm. CPU is 2.6Ghz (800) clocked just over 3.1Ghz.

    .... time let Hoyle idle for a while and see how hot it gets.

    > The graph on the Asus site (don't recall the URL) showed that the QFan
    > didn't even kick in until the CPU hit 60'C! That's a bit much for me. I'd
    > rather it kick in a lot lower and ramp up more gradually.
    >
    > Qfan set at 11/16 and using the FanMate at low the CPU is currently at
    33'C
    > (case 32'C) at 1500rpm. CPU is 2.6Ghz (800) clocked just over 3.1Ghz.
    >
    > ... time let Hoyle idle for a while and see how hot it gets.

    After 10 minutes CPU wouldn't go any hotter that 49'C with case at 33'C. Fan
    RPM didn't vary at all. (actually it hovered around 1470rpm).

    I find that my PC and the wifes PC will crash once we get around 52'C, but
    none of my apps push the computer that hard. CPU is down to 38'C within 60
    seconds of closing Hoyle.

    In article <H%aTc.100797$gE.60216@pd7tw3no>, "Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote:

    > > > I'll try how Q-fan works w/o fan mate 1.
    > > > Fan mate 1 annihilates only power (a heater), Q-fan is probably more
    > > > 'intelligent'.
    > >
    > > It isn't. :-(
    > > The minimal RPM with Q-fan is about 2150 RPM and at higher temperatures
    > the
    > > RPM won't go faster. :-(
    > > I've reinstalled the fan mate 1 and adjusted to about 1600 RPM.
    >
    > The graph on the Asus site (don't recall the URL) showed that the QFan
    > didn't even kick in until the CPU hit 60'C! That's a bit much for me. I'd
    > rather it kick in a lot lower and ramp up more gradually.
    >
    > Qfan set at 11/16 and using the FanMate at low the CPU is currently at 33'C
    > (case 32'C) at 1500rpm. CPU is 2.6Ghz (800) clocked just over 3.1Ghz.
    >
    > ... time let Hoyle idle for a while and see how hot it gets.

    The web page for Qfan is here:
    http://www.asus.com/mb/qfan.htm

    Paul

    http://nl.asus.com/products/mb/feature.htm

    Should it be possible to enable Q-fan on the P4P800S SE? Or is it hardware
    that is missing on that board?

    In article <411dfb2c$0$14941$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, "Driekes"
    <biker_driekes@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > http://nl.asus.com/products/mb/feature.htm
    >
    > Should it be possible to enable Q-fan on the P4P800S SE? Or is it hardware
    > that is missing on that board?

    In the manual I have here, the Winbond 83627THF is there, and it
    has three 5V analog type fan control channels. But if you look near
    the CPU fan header, there is no big transistor or MOSFET to
    control the fan, so the necessary control device is missing.
    (Unless the transistors are hidden in a non-standard place...)

    You could play with this program, but don't expect a miracle
    if there are no transistors on the board to drive the fans :-)
    The program might pretend to adjust the fans, but if the speed
    doesn't change, then you will know the transistors are missing.

    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
    http://www.almico.com/forumindex.php (chip list)

    HTH,
    Paul

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 05:24:57 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

    > http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

    How to download?
    Download does not work!

    http://www.almico.com/speedfan414.exe

    "Ken" <___ken3@telia.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 05:24:57 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
    >
    > How to download?
    > Download does not work!

  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    I also was thinking about the hardware that is missing. To bad... About the
    program, I installed it on my A7N8X-X board (2700+, stock cooler) and the
    cpu temp was rising right away (to very temps above 56 degree c). I heard no
    noise reduction so I removed it.

    I don't understand why Asus doesn't support it to al boards. I saw in
    AsusWorld magazine that only the newest boards (and fully equiped boards)
    support Q-Fan2. Also the chassis fan is controlled. I bit late I think, all
    the Compaq/hp machine's (even the Presarios) are supporting that for a year
    or longer... And yes, there is an Asus or MSI (%$*$$$) board is installed.

    > In article <411dfb2c$0$14941$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, "Driekes"
    > <biker_driekes@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > http://nl.asus.com/products/mb/feature.htm
    > >
    > > Should it be possible to enable Q-fan on the P4P800S SE? Or is it
    hardware
    > > that is missing on that board?
    > >

    > In the manual I have here, the Winbond 83627THF is there, and it
    > has three 5V analog type fan control channels. But if you look near
    > the CPU fan header, there is no big transistor or MOSFET to
    > control the fan, so the necessary control device is missing.
    > (Unless the transistors are hidden in a non-standard place...)
    >
    > You could play with this program, but don't expect a miracle
    > if there are no transistors on the board to drive the fans :-)
    > The program might pretend to adjust the fans, but if the speed
    > doesn't change, then you will know the transistors are missing.
    >
    > http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
    > http://www.almico.com/forumindex.php (chip list)
    >
    > HTH,
    > Paul
    >

    > > "Paul" <nospam@needed.com> schreef in bericht
    > > > In article <H%aTc.100797$gE.60216@pd7tw3no>, "Noozer"
    <dontspam@me.here>

    > > temperatures

    QFan
    > > I'd

    > > 33'C

    > > > The web page for Qfan is here:
    > > > http://www.asus.com/mb/qfan.htm
    > > >
    > > > Paul
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:07:49 GMT, "Michael D" <michaeldh8@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >>> http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
    >>
    >> How to download?
    >> Download does not work!
    >
    > http://www.almico.com/speedfan414.exe

    Not that one either.
    Makes me directed to the main page
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
    It must be something wrong.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 16:47:55 +0200, Ken <___ken3@telia.com> wrote:

    > >> How to download?
    > >> Download does not work!
    > >
    > > http://www.almico.com/speedfan414.exe
    >
    > Not that one either.
    > Makes me directed to the main page
    > http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
    > It must be something wrong.

    Now I get the file via the "save target" function in my browser.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    > >> How to download?
    > >> Download does not work!
    > >
    > > http://www.almico.com/speedfan414.exe
    >
    > Not that one either.
    > Makes me directed to the main page
    > http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
    > It must be something wrong.

    Now I get the file via the "save target" function in my browser.
    But that EXE file does not working!
  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    In article <savuh054aqlqp3up35ci27tts2hte8dnk4@4ax.com>, Ken
    <___ken3@telia.com> wrote:

    > > > http://www.almico.com/speedfan414.exe
    > >
    > > Not that one either.
    > > Makes me directed to the main page
    > > http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
    > > It must be something wrong.
    >
    > Now I get the file via the "save target" function in my browser.
    > But that EXE file does not working!

    Did you see the note near the bottom of the speedfan.php page ?

    "The latest version is SpeedFan 4.14

    NOTE: Some download accelerators may fail downloading. Try
    without them. NOTE: Norton Internet Security blocks the
    REFERER field. Download won't work without the proper REFERER
    field."

    So, apparently the author knows about the problem.

    When I tried, I got a 1,437,117 byte file for 4.14.

    Here is a mirror site:

    The file from files1.majorgeeks.com was 1,437,117 bytes and
    has the same checksum as the one from alnico.com .

    HTH,
    Paul
  20. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 05:14:39 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

    > Did you see the note near the bottom of the speedfan.php page ?
    >
    > "The latest version is SpeedFan 4.14
    >
    > NOTE: Some download accelerators may fail downloading. Try
    > without them. NOTE: Norton Internet Security blocks the
    > REFERER field. Download won't work without the proper REFERER
    > field."
    >
    > So, apparently the author knows about the problem.
    >
    > When I tried, I got a 1,437,117 byte file for 4.14.
    >
    > Here is a mirror site:
    >
    > http://www.majorgeeks.com/download337.html
    > The file from files1.majorgeeks.com was 1,437,117 bytes
    > and has the same checksum as the one from alnico.com .
    >
    > HTH,
    > Paul

    Thanks, that one works.
    I dont't use any "download accelerators" or other "things".
    SpeedFan 4.14 is now running.

Asus Zalman Fan Motherboards