jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am getting a checksum error on the beginning of my
bootup. I replaced the battery on the motherboard and it
is still giving me the error. I also flashed the mbios
settings and updated them but still i cant get rid of the
error. any suggestions? it is a ga 71x motherboard. and i
just formated my computer and trying to install windows
xp but i cant boot from the cd since the checksum error
keeps loading defaults which dont boot from cd drive.

kawipoo

When you pulled out the battery I would let it set for 1 hour to assure all
the capacitors are discharged and that the bios is totally reset.
When you restart you still might get a checksum error the first time but it
should be fine after that.
Question: did this just start on its own or did you try a flash and then
have the problems?

jeremy wrote:
> I am getting a checksum error on the beginning of my
> bootup. I replaced the battery on the motherboard and it
> is still giving me the error. I also flashed the mbios
> settings and updated them but still i cant get rid of the
> error. any suggestions? it is a ga 71x motherboard. and i
> just formated my computer and trying to install windows
> xp but i cant boot from the cd since the checksum error
> keeps loading defaults which dont boot from cd drive.

After replacing the battery, was the bios setup settings
checked against the bios manual and, if necessary, reset
to their proper values that match the hardware installed
in the computer?