A7N8X-x Onboard and pci audio possible at same time?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2004 8:58:28 PM

As i gave up using my rear channels, i bougt a pci card to use with tv-out
instead, but when i plugged it in, my onboard sound was disabled..Is this
normal, and can it be avoided?

The nforce 2audio codec is still listed in device manager, but its not
selectable in sounddevices anymore. My bios only gives me option of auto
(current setting)and disabled. A friend told me he heard something about
nforce2 boards automatically disable the onboard, when you plug in another
soundcard, can anyone confirm/deny this, and is it possible keep using both
devices?

I should mention that i havent been able to install the driver for the pci
card (a creative vibra? CT4810) as i couldnt find any working xp drivers for
it . Driverguide and creative.com didnt offer anything usable.

Can someone help me out here? I really need both onboard and pci card to
work. I simply refuse to buy another pci card, just in order to get the
features the onboard OUGHT to be capable of .
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2004 8:58:29 PM

"Sune Storgaard" <speg-fjern@mail.dk> wrote in message
> As i gave up using my rear channels, i bougt a pci card to use with tv-out
> instead, but when i plugged it in, my onboard sound was disabled..Is this
> normal, and can it be avoided?
>
> The nforce 2audio codec is still listed in device manager, but its not
> selectable in sounddevices anymore. My bios only gives me option of auto
> (current setting)and disabled. A friend told me he heard something about
> nforce2 boards automatically disable the onboard, when you plug in another
> soundcard, can anyone confirm/deny this, and is it possible keep using
both
> devices?
>
> I should mention that i havent been able to install the driver for the pci
> card (a creative vibra? CT4810) as i couldnt find any working xp drivers
for
> it . Driverguide and creative.com didnt offer anything usable.
>
> Can someone help me out here? I really need both onboard and pci card to
> work. I simply refuse to buy another pci card, just in order to get the
> features the onboard OUGHT to be capable of .

Win2000
SBLIve & Nvidia (soundstorm?) stuff both work fine.
Why are you worried about the onboard audio not working if you plugged in an
extra audio card.
!